Business Bio Expert Nancy Juetten Reveals Tips for Financial Advisors and Service Professionals to Transform Boring Bios into Client Magnets
BELLEVUE, Wash., Dec. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Business Bio Expert Nancy Juetten is on a mission to cure "boring business bio syndrome" for financial services professionals and others serious about attracting new business in the New Year.
"A business bio is a terrible thing to waste," Juetten says. "My prescription is for financial advisors and service professionals to describe who they serve, what they offer, and why it matters to capture attention and build a trust right away. Armed with a healthier bio, they can attract and serve their perfect clients in time to make 2013 a great year to grow their business results."
Juetten says most bio blunders can be healed fast. She offers six quick tips to bring in the relief:
1) Don't try to be all things to all people. Have the courage to name and claim your niche market. For example, a financial planner who helps busy career professionals take care of their money so they can have more time to do what they love is going to attract more clients than the planner who says she serves everyone or no one in particular.
2) Don't bury the lead. To maximize client attraction, lead with compelling outcomes. The financial advisor who works with women over 50 to make sure their money lasts as long as they do is going to attract serious inquiries from the right buyers who desire that result.
3) When in doubt, spell it out. Business owners who offer multiple initials beside their names may create confusion instead of clarity. Offer the most recognizable and relevant credential first. Set aside obscure designations. And when in doubt, spell them out. For example, Certified Financial Planner Professional is more understandable than CFP.
4) Put clothes on that emperor. Some business owners describe themselves in lofty terms without providing proof of their claims. Juetten says, "Specifics are terrific." Don't claim to be a best-selling author if you've only sold ten books, and seven of them are to family and friends.
5) Build know-like-trust with every word. Personality packs a punch, and it can be persuasive and powerful for attracting perfect clients. For example, a financial planner who reveals that she put her two kids through college is going to be more attractive to couples who are preparing to take a similar journey. Juetten adds, "Don't underestimate the value of a sassy sound bite. 'Investing should be like watching paint dry. If you are getting an adrenaline rush, you are doing something wrong' is an example that will be appealing to a specific group of clients that appreciates a drama-free investment philosophy."
6) Offer a call to action. If you want your client to call to request an appointment, display the phone number on the website home page to make it easy for the client to call.
Juetten is the author of Bye-Bye Boring Bio and an engaging trainer who is quoted often in the media for her tips to guide business owners to get seen, heard, celebrated, and compensated for their expert status. Since 2001, she has written client-attracting bios and award-winning copy for financial advisors and other service professionals, while guiding thousands of business owners to create their own client-attracting stories to drive business results. Juetten knows this landscape well because she is married to a certified financial planner named Steve Juetten.
Juetten's popular "Bio Doc is In" training calls guide financial planners, service professionals, coaches, and authors to improve their bios. During these free calls, Juetten performs bio makeovers for callers who raise their hands to get real help. Callers across the country and around the world can register for calls coming up in January by visiting these links:
January 16: www.authenticvisibility.com/BioDocisIn116
January 23: www.authenticvisibility.com/BioDocisIn123
About Business Bio Expert Nancy Juetten:
Nancy Juetten created Bye-Bye Boring Bio to guide financial advisors, service professionals, speakers, authors, coaches, and those serious about earning expert status to prepare and share their stories so they can get known to get paid. Her clients describe her as "all of the help and none of the hype." Betsy Gray Talbot of Married with Luggage says, "Nancy Juetten is like self-esteem in a can. She sprays it and all the fabulous things about you that you had forgotten or didn't think were important are in the air for everyone to see. You feel better, potential clients find you more appealing, and you look and sound like a professional -- just like that." Contact Juetten for interviews, to schedule Bye-Bye Boring Bio Action Workshops, or place quantity orders of Bye-Bye Boring Bio at 425-641-5214 or email@example.com.
SOURCE Nancy Juetten
More by this Source
Business Bio Expert Nancy Juetten Shares Tips to Write Bios to Attract Clients Now
Jan 09, 2014, 08:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.