Businesses And Professional Government Managers: A Partnership That Works
New video highlights how businesses and local governments work together
WASHINGTON, Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A new video produced by ICMA, the International City/County Management Association (www.ICMA.org), explains how professional local government managers help create a business-friendly environment in Lake County and the villages of Glenview and Woodridge.
"Businesses and Professional Government Managers: A Partnership that Works" features business and civic leaders, including:
- Kerry Cummings , President, Village of Glenview
- Bill Standish , Executive Vice President of Operations, Anixter
- Todd Hileman , Village Manager, Village of Glenview
- Joe Perrino , CEO, Home Run Inn, Inc.
- James Duffy , Commissioner, Woodridge Park District
- Chuck Lamphere , President & CEO, Van Vlissingen and Co.
- Doug Silverstein , President, NorthShore Glenbrook Hospital
Elected officials and business leaders alike noted that because professional local government managers are nonpartisan, nonpolitical, appointed administrators, they provide consistency through election cycles and changes in administration. They take politics out of the process of doing business, help business owners secure necessary permits for a smooth transition into their communities, and support the needs of business owners and employees who work in the community every day.
Professionally-managed local governments:
- help businesses attract and retain top talent by creating and maintaining the quality of life employees want in a hometown.
- purchase goods and services from local businesses. Local government purchases of goods and services account for more than $85 billion each year.
- create opportunities for the private sector to partner with local government to improve their communities.
The video is a component of Life, Well Run (www.LifeWellRun.org), ICMA's campaign to raise awareness of the contributions professional local government managers make to cities, towns, and counties across the United States, building communities we're proud to call home.
Woodridge, Glenview, and Lake County are three of five pilot communities across the country to be showcased by ICMA in the Life, Well Run campaign.
ICMA, the International City/County Management Association, advances professional local government worldwide. The organization's mission is to create excellence in local governance by developing and fostering professional management to build sustainable communities that improve people's lives. ICMA provides a stringently-enforced set of ethical standards; member support; publications; data and information; peer and results-oriented assistance; and training and professional development to 9,000 city, town, and county managers and other individuals and organizations throughout the world. The management decisions made by ICMA's members affect millions of individuals living in thousands of communities, from small villages and towns to large metropolitan areas.
More by this Source
San Antonio: A Partnership For Success
Jan 16, 2013, 16:28 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.