ROCHESTER, N.Y., Aug. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Butler/Till, an independent media & communications agency headquartered in Rochester, NY was recently awarded a portion of the media buying business for Empire State Development (ESD), serving as the women-owned subcontractor. Empire State Development (ESD) is New York's chief economic development agency. Butler/Till was awarded the contract as of February 2016. The services Butler/Till will provide to ESD include broadcast television buying throughout the New York City region.
"We are so excited to expand the work we do here in our home state of New York through this opportunity with Empire State Development and partner agencies. Alongside the innovative work of our new partners, we are able to provide more opportunity for our employees – and our agency as a whole – to grow and prosper right here in New York," Kimberly Jones, President of Butler/Till.
Butler/Till was one of the first employee-owned companies in New York state to apply for NYS women-owned certification (NYS WBE). Butler/Till is 100% employee owned, part of an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP). The firm's ownership is majority women. The company's co-founders, Sue Butler and Tracy Till - who founded the company in 1998 - sold 51% of the company to the ESOP trust in August 2011 and later sold the remaining 49% to the trust in April 2014. Butler and Till now serve on the Board of Directors for Butler/Till, alongside three external board members.
Butler/Till empowers brands to reach, engage, and activate their consumers through multi-platform programs and campaigns. The agency builds progressive media and communications programs across digital, social, traditional, and experiential platforms. These capabilities result in measurable outcomes that help clients achieve their business goals. With capitalized billings of $170 million and 110 diverse professionals, the agency is one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States. Listed on the Inc. 5,000 consecutively between 2010 and 2015, the 100 percent employee-owned company is headquartered in upstate New York and works with B2B and B2C clients across the United States. The company was recently named to Ad Age's Best Places to Work in Marketing & Media in 2015.
For more information, please visit www.butlertill.com.
Brand Building Communications
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/butlertill-awarded-portion-of-media-buying-for-empire-state-development-as-a-wbe-subcontractor-300311890.html