Cablevision Alerts Customers to Movies On Demand Offer and Other Alternatives for Coverage of the Oscars
Today Cablevision Provides Video On Demand Movies AT NO CHARGE To All iO TV Customers; Includes Academy Award Best Picture Nominees "District 9," "The Hurt Locker," and "Up"
Cablevision Enlists Former New York Post "Page Six" Deputy Editor Paula Froelich to Blog Oscars Live; Adds to Range of TV and Online Options for Coverage
BETHPAGE, N.Y., March 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Following ABC Disney's decision to pull WABC off Cablevision at midnight Saturday, Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC) alerted its iO® TV customers that today it would provide Video On Demand (VOD) movies at no charge, including access to Academy Award nominated films. Cablevision has also enlisted former New York Post "Page Six" Deputy Editor Paula Froelich to blog live coverage of tonight's Oscars and has communicated additional ways for customers to access Academy Awards red carpet and event coverage on television and online.
Cablevision Offers Customers Access to Entire Slate of On Demand Movies AT NO CHARGE
Today, Cablevision has invited all of its iO® TV customers to choose from its entire slate of on demand movies and watch them at no charge. This includes Academy Award Best Picture nominated films "District 9," "The Hurt Locker," and "Up." Nominated films available on iO On Demand include:
- District 9
- Julie & Julia
- The Cove
- A Serious Man
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Star Trek
- The Hurt Locker
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Inglorious Basterds
To order, customers go to the iO TV main menu, select On Demand, then Movies on Demand, then choose their movie. All customer bills will be credited for Movies on Demand ordered on Sunday, March 7th.
Paula Froelich To Blog Live Coverage of Tonight's Oscars; Another Way to Access Academy Award Coverage
In an effort to provide timely coverage of the Academy Awards after ABC pulled its programming, Cablevision has brought on board former New York Post "Page Six" Deputy Editor Paula Froelich to blog live and cover the event on Twitter. The New York Times best-selling author worked for the wildly popular gossip column until June 2009, when she left the paper to write her debut novel, "Mercury In Retrograde."
Customers can access Paula's live Oscar coverage on Twitter by following: Paula Froelich (@PFro) or by using the hash tag: #PFCablevision. Coverage is also available through Facebook by joining the group "Cablevision Viewers Say: No New Fees, ABC!"
In addition, below are just some of the ways to access Academy Awards red carpet and event coverage:
- E! -- "Countdown to the Red Carpet" from 5 PM to 6 PM Eastern Time and "Live from the Red Carpet: The 2010 Academy Awards" from 6 PM to 8 PM Eastern Time available on Channel 51 / 751 HD
- AP Live Stream - AP is offering live streaming of red carpet coverage via Livestream found online at www.livestream.com/aplive
- ABC's Oscar.com -- Delivers official clips and interviews found online at http://oscar.go.com/red-carpet/live-from-the-red-carpet
- Right TV -- Dedicated page that lets you watch the Oscars found online at http://tv.rightcelebrity.com/
- Hulu -- Updated clips throughout the night found online at http://www.hulu.com
- YouTube – An official channel dedicated to the Oscars found online at http://www.youtube.com/user/oscars?blend=2&ob=4
- Moviefone -- Delivers real-time red carpet photos, coverage of the night, and an up-to-the-minute Oscar winners list, along with video clips and photo highlights from the show found online at http://www.moviefone.com
- Oscars app -- The only official Academy Awards app for the iPod Touch or the iPhone provides real time updates on Oscar winners
Cablevision customers can urge ABC Disney to return WABC to Cablevision customers by visiting http://www.cablevision.com/abc or joining its Facebook group "Cablevision Viewers Say: No New Fees, ABC!"
Movies On Demand are accessible to digital customers with an interactive digital set-top box through channel 500 or the Enhanced TV menu on the iO TV user interface. All of iO TV's VOD programming is presented in crystal-clear quality with DVD-like functionality including the ability to pause, fast-forward and rewind programs through the remote control.
Cablevision Systems Corporation is one of the nation's leading telecommunications, media and entertainment companies. In addition to its Optimum-branded cable, Internet, and voice offerings, the company owns and operates News 12 Networks, MSG Varsity and Newsday Media Group. Cablevision's assets also include Rainbow Media Holdings LLC and its programming and entertainment businesses, AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv and IFC Entertainment, as well as Clearview Cinemas. Additional information about Cablevision is available on the Web at www.cablevision.com.
SOURCE Cablevision Systems Corporation
More by this Source
Cablevision Files With The U.S. Supreme Court For Emergency Stay Of NLRB Proceeding
Jul 01, 2013, 17:19 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.