Cablevision Media Sales Delivers Nearly Four Billion Advanced Advertising Impressions
-- Company Delivers Enhanced Relevance, Consumer Engagement and Rich Metrics to Advertisers Seeking More Accountability with Full Suite of Advanced Advertising Products --
-- Executed More Than 900 Advanced Advertising Campaigns for More Than 600 Advertisers in 2011 --
NEW YORK, March 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cablevision Systems Corp. (NYSE: CVC) today announced that its advanced advertising platform has delivered nearly four billion impressions for advertisers in the nation's largest market to date. As advertisers continue to seek more accountability, Cablevision's full suite of highly differentiated advanced advertising products deliver enhanced relevance, consumer engagement and rich campaign metrics. While Canoe Ventures is no longer focused on interactive advertising, the continued strong interest from the agencies and advertisers is driving Cablevision's evolution of the advanced advertising platform.
"Even with Canoe's shift in direction, advertisers should know that the cable providers, like Cablevision, continue to offer and enhance their advanced advertising products," said David Kline , president and COO of Cablevision Media Sales. "Interactive television advertising has changed the way advertisers engage with consumers and Cablevision delivers a robust set of advanced capabilities to local and national advertisers. The participation and response from advertisers has been tremendous. We have helped to generate nearly four billion impressions to date and in the last year alone, conducted more than 900 campaigns from more than 600 advertisers in the nation's largest market."
Cablevision Media Sales offers a full suite of highly differentiated products that deliver enhanced relevance, consumer engagement and rich campaign metrics, analytics and insight. Cablevision was first to offer dedicated branded channels and other advanced products including, the first and largest deployment of addressable advertising to date, and the introduction of Optimum Select RFI that empowers digital cable customers to immediately respond to commercials through their TV remote control and engage directly with the advertiser. Leading global brands including Mattel, Ford, Unilever, U.S. Navy and Disney; and regional and local advertisers such as health care providers and educational institutions have utilized one or more products offered by Cablevision.
"There is continuing pressure from the industry for advanced advertising. The need for household addressable advertising plus interactive services and metrics on TV will only continue to rise," said Irwin Gotlieb , Chairman of GroupM. "The efforts to date, by Cablevision and other television distributors, to develop and prove these capabilities is vital and laudable and will positively impact the underlying economics of television."
"Interactive television is very much alive and the momentum only continues to increase," said Craig Woerz , Managing Partner of Media Storm. "We have significant experience with advanced TV ad platforms for a wide range of clients nationwide, providing critical insight and consumer engagement. Cablevision has allowed us to paddle into areas that our clients have seen direct benefit from in return on investment."
The core set of advanced and interactive product suite includes:
- Addressable Advertising: Addressable advertising combines the targeting tactics of traditional direct marketing with the branded power of television. Advertisers are able to deliver different variations of commercial messages to their specific customer segments during the same commercial break on the same network.
- Optimum Select RFI / Request For Information: RFI allows advertisers to have an extended brand experience with a consumer. An overlay appears on the advertiser's commercial allowing the consumer to immediately press select on their TV remote and request a special offer via mail, email, immediate phone call or mobile text message from that advertiser.
- Dedicated Advertiser Channels: Marketers can have their own branded dedicated channel and channel position. The consumer interacts and engages with the channel in a much deeper and more meaningful way. Features include long-form VOD content, polling, games, photos, RFI capabilities and Cablevision's unique feature that allows consumers to request an immediate call from the advertiser's customer service representative.
- Market Showcase: Market Showcase is the perfect television vehicle for clients who have less than 5 minutes of video content, are new to advanced advertising and/or have limited budgets. Available with RFI lead generation capability, Market Showcase can provide full viewer interaction with a brand, plus qualified leads.
- Classified Channels: Interactive VOD channels plus an Internet based listing service featuring more than 50,000 auto listings on Optimum Autos and 60,000 homes listings on Optimum Homes.
- Telescoping: Telescoping provides an on-screen overlay on the bottom third of a:30 spot that gives viewers the option of using their remote to hit Select and navigate to another channel to learn more about a product.
Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC) is one of the nation's leading media and telecommunications companies. Its cable television operations provide a full suite of advanced communications services that include iO TV® digital television, Optimum Online® high-speed Internet, and Optimum Voice® digital voice, all over state-of-the-art cable systems that pass nearly 6 million households and businesses across the New York tri-state area and throughout four Western states. Cablevision's telecommunications properties also include its Optimum WiFi® wireless Internet, and its Optimum Lightpath® integrated business communications solutions. Cablevision serves the New York area with compelling local content through News 12 Networks, a local news leader; MSG Varsity, a suite of television and online services covering high school activities; and, Newsday Media Group, a business unit that includes Newsday, Long Island's leading daily newspaper, and amNewYork, the nation's most widely circulated free daily serving New York City. The company also owns and operates Clearview Cinemas throughout the New York tri-state area including the famed Ziegfeld Theatre, a frequent and historic venue for film premieres and events. Additional information about Cablevision is available on the Web at www.cablevision.com.
SOURCE Cablevision Systems Corp.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.