SAN JOSE, Calif., March 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CDNS) today announced that its complete suite of digital and signoff tools has achieved certification for Samsung Foundry's Process Design Kit (PDK) and foundation library for the 14LPP process. The Cadence® 14nm FinFET reference flow has been validated by Samsung using a quad-core design with the ARM® Cortex®-A53 processor, which was implemented with the low-power methodology covering power-gating, IEEE 1801 UPF2.0 power intent, memory retention and multibit-FF optimization.
The Cadence digital and signoff tools met all of Samsung's accuracy requirements, providing customers with a faster path to implementation and closure, as well as optimal power, performance and area (PPA) on the 14LPP process. In addition, the Cadence signoff tools have been certified for tapeout against the Samsung certification criteria. The tools in the flow include:
- Innovus™ Implementation System: Based on a massively parallel architecture, it enables larger designs and reduced turnaround time while supporting Samsung's 14nm design requirements, such as floorplanning, placement and routing with integrated color-/pin-access /variability-aware timing closure, and clock tree and power optimization
- Genus™ Synthesis Solution: Delivers improved productivity during register-transfer level (RTL) design and highly correlated, optimal quality of results (QoR) in final implementation
- Quantus™ QRC Extraction Solution: Offers best-in-class accuracy versus foundry baseline, multi-patterning, multi-coloring, and a built-in 3D extraction capability
- Conformal® Logic Equivalence Checking (LEC): Ensures the correctness of logic changes and engineering change orders (ECOs) as well as the implementation flow, while enabling the comparison of different views/abstraction levels
- Conformal Low Power: Enables the creation and validation of power intent in context of the design, combining low-power equivalence checking with structural and functional checks to allow full-chip verification of power-efficient designs
- Tempus™ Timing Signoff Solution: Provides integrated, advanced process delay calculation and static timing analysis (STA) that achieves Samsung's accuracy requirements, including those at low voltage operation
- Voltus™ IC Power Integrity Solution: Cell-level power integrity tool that supports comprehensive electromigration and IR drop (EM/IR) design rules and requirements while providing full-chip system-on-chip (SoC) power signoff accuracy
- Physical Verification System: Includes advanced technologies and rule decks to support design rule checking (DRC), layout versus schematic (LVS), smart metal fill, yield scoring, voltage-dependent checks, pattern matching and in-design signoff
- Litho Physical Analyzer: Enables designers to detect and repair process hotspots to improve design manufacturability and yield of digital, custom and mixed-signal designs, libraries and IP
- Cadence CMP Predictor: Predicts the 3D topology variation and hotspots caused by chemical mechanical polishing (CMP) to improve design manufacturability and reduce topology variation
- Modus™ Test Solution: Provides scan and logic/memory built-in self test (BIST) insertion, combined with a new physically aware 2D Elastic Compression architecture, enabling design engineers to achieve reductions in test time to minimize production test cost
For more information on the Cadence digital and signoff solutions, please visit www.cadence.com/news/samsung14nm.
"Samsung worked closely with Cadence to put a certified reference flow in place so our joint customers can reduce iterations and improve predictability when creating 14nm FinFET designs," said Ben Suh, senior vice president of sales and marketing at Samsung Foundry. "The ease-of-use of the design flow and methodology enhances the value of our foundry capability and provides our customers with the ability to create high-value designs within tight market windows."
"The certification of the Cadence tools ensures tight correlation and predictability, providing customers with confidence that 14nm FinFET designs work as intended," said Dr. Anirudh Devgan, senior vice president and general manager of the Digital and Signoff Group and the System Verification Group at Cadence. "Customers using the Cadence flow on the Samsung 14nm FinFET process can also achieve smaller area, higher performance and lower power-consumption benefits in addition to faster turnaround times."
Cadence enables global electronic design innovation and plays an essential role in the creation of today's integrated circuits and electronics. Customers use Cadence software, hardware, IP and services to design and verify advanced semiconductors, consumer electronics, networking and telecommunications equipment, and computer systems. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with sales offices, design centers and research facilities around the world to serve the global electronics industry. More information about the company, its products and its services is available at www.cadence.com.
© 2016 Cadence Design Systems, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide. Cadence, the Cadence logo and Conformal are registered trademarks and Genus, Innovus, Modus, Quantus, Tempus and Voltus are trademarks of Cadence Design Systems, Inc. in the United States and other countries. ARM and Cortex are registered trademarks of ARM Limited (or its subsidiaries) in the EU and/or elsewhere. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For more information, please contact:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cadence-digital-and-signoff-tools-certified-on-samsung-foundrys-14lpp-process-300243115.html
SOURCE Cadence Design Systems, Inc.