Cadwalader Appoints Six Attorneys to Special Counsel
NEW YORK, Nov. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP (Cadwalader), a leading counselor to global financial institutions and corporations, today announced that it has promoted the following attorneys to the position of Special Counsel: Brendan D. Delany, Daniel J. Howley, Stephanie Marcantonio, Lambrina Matthews, Christopher G. Milenkevich and Howard Wizenfeld.
"I am pleased to announce the promotion of 6 new Special Counsel. Each of these attorneys has demonstrated exceptional skill in service to our clients," said W. Christopher White, Chairman of Cadwalader. "We are very proud of them and delighted to recognize their contribution."
- Brendan D. Delany advises clients in transactions related to energy and commodities, real estate, hospitality, and financial services from Cadwalader's Washington, D.C., office. Before joining the Firm in 2011, Mr. Delany earned his J.D. from Catholic University's Columbus School of Law, where he was a published member of the Catholic University Law Review. He received his B.S.F.S. from Georgetown University's Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service. Mr. Delany is admitted to practice in Maryland and in the District of Columbia.
- Daniel J. Howley joined the Firm in 2008 and is a member of the Antitrust Group in Cadwalader's Washington, D.C., office. Mr. Howley counsels clients on antitrust matters, including litigation, mergers and acquisitions, and investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission. He received a J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School and an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering and Physics from Duke University. Mr. Howley previously served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Garrett E. Brown, Jr., Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Stephanie Marcantonio advises health care organizations, pharmaceutical companies and tax-exempt entities, including religious organizations and foundations, on a wide array of corporate governance, transactional and regulatory matters out of the Firm's New York office. Since joining Cadwalader in 2004, Ms. Marcantonio has been recognized as a Rising Star by New York Super Lawyers for health care, non-profit and corporate governance & compliance. She earned a B.S. in Business Administration from Villanova University and received her J.D., summa cum laude, in 2004 from Pace University School of Law, where she was the Executive Productions Editor of the Pace Law Review.
- Having joined the Firm originally in 2001, Lambrina Mathews represents clients in corporate and securities litigation and other complex business litigation matters out of Cadwalader's New York office. She received her undergraduate degree, with honors, from the City University of New York, her master's degree, with honor and distinction, from Adelphi University, and her J.D. from St. John's University of Law. Ms. Mathews is a member of the New York State Bar and is admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the U.S. Court of International Trade.
- Christopher G. Milenkevich is a member of the Corporate Practice in Cadwalader's New York office. He joined the Firm in 2003 after receiving his undergraduate degree from Columbia University and his J.D. from New York University School of Law.
- Howard Wizenfeld joined the Firm in 2008 and focuses his practice in the area of intellectual property law. Mr. Wizenfeld earned his J.D. from Fordham University School of Law, where he was a member of Moot Court, and his B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Columbia University. He is admitted to practice in New York, and is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
About Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP, is one of the world's leading international law firms, serving a diverse client base, including many of the world's top corporations and financial institutions. Cadwalader develops practical business solutions to the most complex legal problems. Established in 1792, Cadwalader today is a dynamic firm with broad-based expertise in structured finance and capital markets, as well as complex commercial litigation, securities litigation, antitrust, IP litigation and financial restructuring, among other key sectors. The Firm has offices in New York, London, Charlotte, Washington, Houston, Beijing, Hong Kong and Brussels. More information about Cadwalader can be found at www.cadwalader.com.
SOURCE Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
More by this Source
Cadwalader Assists US Airways in Settlement with DOJ on Merger with American Airlines
Nov 15, 2013, 08:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.