Caesars Entertainment Agrees To Acquire Non-Gaming Assets Of Atlantic Club in Bankruptcy Auction
LAS VEGAS, Dec. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Caesars Entertainment Corporation (NASDAQ: CZR) today confirmed that its subsidiary, Caesars Entertainment Operating Company, Inc., has agreed to acquire the non-gaming assets of the Atlantic Club, including the real property, in a bankruptcy auction, pending approval of the bankruptcy court.
The Atlantic Club's gaming assets are being acquired by another buyer. The current owner of the Atlantic Club indicated it plans to close the facility January 13, 2014. Caesars expects to close on the purchase of the property thereafter. Caesars does not intend to resume gaming or hotel operations at the facility, and is evaluating options for the use of the assets, some of which may be used in the company's other Atlantic City properties.
Caesars Entertainment Corporation is the world's most geographically diversified casino-entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, 75 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions and now operates casinos on four continents. The company's resorts operate primarily under the Caesars®, Harrah's® and Horseshoe® brand names. Caesars is focused on building loyalty and value with its guests through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. We are committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognize the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment. For more information, please visit www.caesars.com.
This release includes "forward-looking statements" intended to qualify for the safe harbor from liability established by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. You can identify these statements by the fact that they do not relate strictly to historical or current facts. These statements contain words such as "may," "will," "project," "might," "expect," "believe," "anticipate," "intend," "could," "would," "estimate," "continue," "pursue," or the negative or other variations thereof or comparable terminology. In particular, they include statements relating to, among other things, future actions, new projects, strategies, future performance, the outcomes of contingencies, and future financial results of Caesars. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and projections about future events.
Investors are cautioned that forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance or results and involve risks and uncertainties that cannot be predicted or quantified, and, consequently, the actual performance of Caesars may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the following factors, as well as other factors described from time to time in the Company's reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (including the sections entitled "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations" contained therein):
- the ability of Caesars to satisfy the conditions to the closing of the transaction, including receipt of required regulatory approvals;
- transaction may not consummate on the terms contemplated or at all;
- the impact of the Caesars substantial indebtedness and the restrictions in Caesars debt agreements;
- access to available and reasonable financing on a timely basis, including the ability of Caesars to refinance its indebtedness on acceptable terms;
- the effects of local and national economic, credit, and capital market conditions on the economy, in general, and on the gaming industry, in particular;
- the ability to realize the expense reductions from cost savings programs;
- changes in the extensive governmental regulations to which Caesars and its stockholders are subject, and changes in laws, including increased tax rates, smoking bans, regulations or accounting standards, third-party relations and approvals, and decisions, disciplines, and fines of courts, regulators, and governmental bodies;
- the ability of Caesars customer-tracking, customer loyalty, and yield-management programs to continue to increase customer loyalty and same-store or hotel sales;
- the effects of competition, including locations of competitors and operating and market competition;
- the ability to recoup costs of capital investments through higher revenues;
- abnormal gaming holds ("gaming hold" is the amount of money that is retained by the casino from wagers by customers);
- the ability to timely and cost-effectively integrate companies that Caesars acquires into its operations;
- the potential difficulties in employee retention and recruitment as a result of the Caesars substantial indebtedness or any other factor;
- construction factors, including delays, increased costs of labor and materials, availability of labor and materials, zoning issues, environmental restrictions, soil and water conditions, weather and other hazards, site access matters, and building permit issues;
- litigation outcomes and judicial and governmental body actions, including gaming legislative action, referenda, regulatory disciplinary actions, and fines and taxation;
- acts of war or terrorist incidents, severe weather conditions, uprisings or natural disasters, including losses therefrom, including losses in revenues and damage to property, and the impact of severe weather conditions on Caesars ability to attract customers to certain of its facilities, such as the amount of losses and disruption to Caesars as a result of Hurricane Sandy in late October 2012;
- the effects of environmental and structural building conditions relating to the Caesars properties;
- access to insurance on reasonable terms for the Caesars assets; and
- the impact, if any, of unfunded pension benefits under multi-employer pension plans.
Any forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and, as such, speak only as of the date made. Caesars disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements. You are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date stated or, if no date is stated, as of the date of this release.
SOURCE Caesars Entertainment Corporation
More by this Source
Caesars Entertainment Announces Offering of 7 Million Shares of Common Stock
Mar 27, 2014, 16:45 ET
Caesars Entertainment to Close Harrah's Tunica
Mar 26, 2014, 18:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.