Caesars Entertainment Atlantic City Stacks the Stakes With Sensational 2011 Summer Programming
Region's Largest Casino Empire Announces Summer Event Calendar that includes Celebrity Chefs and More
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J., June 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Caesars Entertainment Atlantic City, the region's leading casino & resort company whose portfolio includes Caesars, Harrah's Resort, Bally's and Showboat is announcing a stellar summer line-up which features a mix of dynamic entertainment acts and talented culinary imports. These diverse offerings are in keeping with the company's mission to return Atlantic City to its heritage – an East Coast beachfront entertainment destination with fun, eclectic, sought-after activities for all interests and ages.
Summer 2011 in Atlantic City promises something memorable for everyone, from the introduction of four new restaurants to a 4th of July Weekend performance by Jamie Foxx. Britney Spears will also be bringing her Femme Fatale tour to Caesars, with special guest Nicki Minaj. While there are plenty of new acts and performances heading to its resorts & casinos this summer, Caesars Entertainment is also proud to bring back a few events that were a tremendous success last summer such as the Food Network® Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival, Tribeca Cinema Series at Caesars Atlantic City and the return of the acclaimed a cappella group STRAIGHT NO CHASER who will perform at Harrah's Resort for 12 weeks. The event calendar to date includes:
- Current: Kicking off a culinary revolution, Caesar's Entertainment has opened three highly-anticipated restaurants through a partnership with B.R. Guest Hospitality and one with the Atlantic City's own local culinary king, the highly-acclaimed Chef Luke Palladino:
- Harrah's Resort now features Dos Caminos led by Executive Chef Ivy Stark, is known for their exceptional modern Mexican cuisine and fun, festive atmosphere. In addition to being a place for delicious food, Dos is also ideal for great cocktails and vibrant music.
- On the casino level, Bills Bar & Burger features classic comfort food in a casual setting with Absecon Inlet and back-bay views. Notorious for delicious Pat LaFrieda burgers and delectable milkshakes, Bill's is the perfect stop for a daytime bite and late-night eats.
- Chef Luke Palladino opened his newest restaurant, Luke Palladino at Harrah's Resort, a seasonally-driven Italian-inspired restaurant offering savory dishes using fresh, locally-sourced produce and gourmet ingredients from native Italian regions.
- Caesars Atlantic City welcomes Atlantic Grill, another restaurant from the B.R. Guest collection, which is best known for their outstanding fresh fish, raw bar, and sushi. For those looking for a lounge-like atmosphere, Atlantic Grill features the Forum Lounge.
Exclusive to Atlantic City, Atlantic Grill at Caesars will feature a 10-seated high-action sushi bar experience which is a centric bridge to the main dining room. The 19-seat sunken bar-area offers a cozy and intimate option for guests, while the surrounding open area is an inviting space ideal for socializing and enjoying signature cocktails.
- June 21 – Sept 4: Harrah's Resort Atlantic City is pleased to welcome back by popular demand the acclaimed a cappella group STRAIGHT NO CHASER for an exclusive summer concert engagement starting June 21-Sept. 4. The ten-week engagement entitled "Back to the Shore: Songs of the Decades and More" will take place at Harrah's Resort. Fans will be able to hear these remarkable vocalists play with the pop songbook Wednesday through Saturday nights at 8pm. Tickets, which are priced from $25.00 - $60.00 based on seat location, can be purchased directly from the Straight No Chaser website (www.sncmusic.com), online at ticketmaster.com or by calling 800-736-1420.
- Fourth of July Weekend: Caesars Entertainment celebrates Fourth of July with a slew of star-studded events. Kickoff the weekend at Circus Maximus Theater at 8pm for the Foxxhole Comedy Jam hosted by Jamie Foxx followed by the Black Hollywood Party at One Atlantic, hosted by beauties Meagan Good and Idris Alba. Friday, July 2nd is the Black Jack Tournament with Jamie Foxx at the Backstage gaming pit at Showboat Casino at 6pm, Followed by the Love and Basketball All White Affair at The Pier Shops at Caesars, One Atlantic at 10pm hosted by a Surprise NBA All-Star and Amber Rose. Sunday, July 3 will be the Jamie Foxx Live in Concert at the House of Blues Music Hall at Showboat at 8pm. Tickets: $50, $65, $75. End the night at "Any Given Sunday" After Party hosted by Jamie Foxx and Chad Ochocinco at The Pier Shops at Caesars, One Atlantic at 10pm. Tickets $60 in advance.
- July 7 – July 10: July 7 is the kick off to the 2nd Annual Tribeca Cinema Series at Caesars Atlantic City, a partnership between Caesars Atlantic City and New York's critically acclaimed Tribeca Film Festival. Guests of the Festival will get a sneak-peek at some of the year's most anticipated films. Free and open to the public, this year's films will begin at sundown (around 8pm) and will feature the following films:
- Thursday, July 7: "Grave Encounters" directed by The Vicious Brothers; starring Ben Wilkinson, Sean Rogerson, Ashleigh Gryzko and Juan Riedinger. Lance Preston and the crew of "Grave Encounters," a ghost-hunting reality television show, are shooting an episode inside the abandoned Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital, where unexplained phenomena has been reported for years. All in the name of good television, they voluntarily lock themselves inside the building for the night and begin a paranormal investigation, capturing everything on camera.
- Friday, July 8: "Catching Hell" directed by Alex Gibney, documents the pop fly that will live in infamy. When Chicagoan Steve Bartman fatefully deflected a foul ball in Game 6 of the 2003 National League Championship, the city's long-suffering Cubs fans found someone new to blame for their cursed century without a World Series title.
- Saturday, July 9: "Last Night" directed by Massy Tadjedin; starring Keira Knightley, Sam Worthington, Eva Mendes, Griffin Dunne and Guillaume Canet. Set in New York City, LAST NIGHT is the story of a married couple, who, while, apart for one night, are confronted by temptation that may decide the fate of their marriage. Joanna (Academy Award nominee Keira Knightley) and Michael Reed (Sam Worthington) are seven years into a successful and happy relationship.
- Sunday, July 10: "Brothers Justice" directed Dax Shepard and David Palmer; starring Dax Shepard, Tom Arnold, Bradley Cooper, David Koechner, Michael Rosenbaum and Nate Tuck. In an attempt to shake up his career, actor Dax Shepard makes the decision to abandon comedy in pursuit of his true dream: to become an internationally-renown martial arts star. Without any formal martial arts training, or any real funding for his 'blockbuster' action movie script, Dax enlists the help of his buddies including producer Nate Tuck and actor Tom Arnold. Together, they work towards Dax's true passion while facing rejection at every turn.
- July 11 – September 5: Monday, July 11 marks the kick-off of the infamous Harrah's Resort Island Luau, which will be every Monday throughout the summer season. During this wonderful island-themed feast, The Pool at Harrah's Resort will spring to life as grass-skirted hula dancers, musicians, fire twirlers and island warriors infuse the night with excitement.
- July 17 - Labor Day: Travel back in time and walk amongst the dinosaurs at Showboat Atlantic City's 'DINOSHORE', a prehistoric, family-friendly adventure for all. DINOSHORE brings the ancient world back to life by featuring full-size robotic dinosaurs, casts of prehistoric skeletons and 250 million-year-old dinosaur bones. This event is open daily from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Prices are $15.50 for adults, $10.50 for seniors and kids 12 and under and $7.50 for groups of 10 or more. Family Packs for two adults and two kids are specially priced at $42.
- July 28 – July 31st: On July 28, guests can join Food Network talent including Sunny Anderson, Guy Fieri, Robert Irvine, Pat and Gina Neely and more during the Food Network Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival.
- August 6: Worldwide pop sensation Britney Spears, along with special guest and hiphop phenomenon Nicki Minaj, with be bringing her Femme Fatale tour to Caesars! Concert goers can enjoy some of Britney's chart toppers including Toxic, I'm a Slave 4 U, Crazy, Womanizer and Oops!..I Did It Again. Tickets On Sale Now 1-866-881-5373.
- August 15 – September 3: Caesars Atlantic City will get a taste of Down Under with a concert series from beloved Aussie band, Human Nature. With eight albums and numerous singles, this all boy band is sure to bring down the house this summer.
For more information on the above event schedule and accommodation packages please visit www.Caesars.com. To purchase tickets to any of the aforementioned shows and concerts kindly go directly to www.ticketmaster.com.
About Caesars Entertainment
Caesars Entertainment Corporation is the world's largest casino entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, more than 70 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions, and now operates casinos on four continents. The company's resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's®, Caesars® and Horseshoe® brand names. Caesars also owns the World Series of Poker® and the London Clubs International family of casinos. Caesars Entertainment is focused on building loyalty and value with its guests through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. Caesars is committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognizes the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment. For more information, please visit www.caesars.com.
DKC Public Relations and Integrated Marketing
SOURCE Caesars Entertainment Atlantic City
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.