Caesars Entertainment Puts Atlantic City On The Map With Its Summer Entertainment Lineup, Festivals And Events
Summer Event Calendar Includes Music Industry Icons, Star-Studded Celebrity Appearances and World-Renowned Celebrity Chefs
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J., April 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Internationally acclaimed casino and resort industry leader, Caesars Entertainment, whose Atlantic City, NJ portfolio includes Caesars, Harrah's Resort, Bally's and Showboat, announced today a stellar summer lineup featuring some of the East Coast's most dynamic entertainment programming. Performances include some of the music industry's most iconic voices, Mary J. Blige , who continues her mini-residency performances at the Circus Maximus Theater, and Madonna, the Queen of Pop herself.
"This is a very important summer for not only Caesars Entertainment, but for all of Atlantic City, and we're poised to deliver with one of the strongest line-ups the region has ever seen," said Don Marrandino , Eastern Division President of Caesars Entertainment. "We're showcasing our top-notch talent with Vegas-style entertainment like the Blue Man Group, iconic acts like Donny and Marie, unprecedented residencies from Mary J. Blige and Pauly D., hit musical productions like Rock of Ages, and superstars that transcend all genres like Madonna and Jamie Foxx ."
If you're looking for a celebrity fix the summer of 2012, Atlantic City promises something memorable for everyone especially during some of the hottest holiday weekends. Caesars Entertainment Atlantic City will kick off the summer with stardom by celebrating Memorial Day weekend on Sunday alongside Kim Kardashian . Then the stakes are high this "Independence Day Week" when guests will have a chance to experience some of the greatest talent in music, comedy and film with performances by Mary J. Blige , Jamie Foxx and Sarah Silverman and the return of the Tribeca Film Festival Cinema Series. Later in the month, foodies are summoned to meet some of the most recognized names in the culinary industry for the fourth annual Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival. This year, both festivals will be on display for over 30,000 visitors at Caesars, Harrah's Resort, Bally's and Showboat.
The summer 2012 event calendar to date includes:
- Memorial Day Weekend, May 25 – May 28: The Pool After Dark at Harrah's Resort, one of the top award-winning nightclubs in the nation, kicks off the summer with a red carpet-worthy line-up of reality TV stars. Bally's and rock 'n' roll legend Sammy Hagar will once again join forces for Sammy's Beach Bar which features a performance by Bob Marley 's The Wailers on May 25th. To close out the holiday weekend, Reality Star Kim Kardashian is hosting her own bash at the AC hotspot on Sunday, May 27.
- The House of Blues at Showboat will bring 90s Alternative Rock bands and a little bit of Country to the North end of the Boardwalk on Memorial Day Weekend with Garbage on Friday, May 25, Big & Rich on Saturday, May 26 and Sunday, May 27 will feature a FREE concert with Alien Ant Farm in Showboat's Party Pit.
- June 29 – July 4: Caesars Entertainment will celebrate Fourth of July with R&B sensation Mary J. Blige 's mini-residency at The Circus Maximus Theater at Caesars with shows on June 29, June 30, July 3 and July 4.
- Jamie Foxx , July 5 – 6: For the second year, Atlantic City is proud to welcome back Foxxhole Radio Celebrity Weekend with Jamie Foxx . Fans will get to experience the Academy Award-winner as he hosts two comedy shows at Circus Maximus at Caesars, participates in on-air broadcasts, and celebrates the holiday weekend at The Pool After Dark at Harrah's Resort on July 6.
- Sarah Silverman , July 7: Bringing the funny to the shore, the bad girl of comedy, Sarah Silverman , is sure to have Atlantic City laughing (and blushing!) at the Circus Maximus Theater at Caesars.
- 3rd Annual Tribeca Film Festival Cinema Series at Caesars Atlantic City, Every Friday and Saturday in July: July 6th is the kick off to the 3nd Annual Tribeca Cinema Series at Caesars Atlantic City; a partnership between Caesars and New York's critically-acclaimed Tribeca Film Festival. Guests of the Festival, which is free and open to the public, will get a sneak peek at some of the year's most anticipated films, along the beautiful shore of the Atlantic Ocean. This year's films will begin at sundown (around 8pm), on the Beach in front of Caesars and will feature films from the Festival's New York City event. A full line-up will be announced in June.
- Blue Man Group at Circus Maximus Theater, July 13 – July 20: The interactive Grammy-nominated show, featuring hilarious comedic skits and musical jam-outs on color-splattered drums, will take up residency at the Circus Maximus Theater at Caesars from July 13 through July 20.
- Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival, July 26 – July 29: Excitement is served at Caesars Entertainment's 2012 Atlantic City Food & Wine Festival. Indulge in a four-day extravaganza for the senses, July 26 through July 29. Featuring culinary stars and celebrity chefs such as Tyler Florence , Buddy Valastro , Andrew Zimmern , Anne Burrell , Robert Irvine , and Nadia G., these tasteful events command you to bring your appetite.
- Donny & Marie, July 31 – August 4: Beginning July 31, Atlantic City can watch the iconic singing duo at The Circus Maximus Theater at Caesars.
- Rock of Ages, August 14 – September 2: Caesars Atlantic City will bring Broadway to the Boardwalk with over two weeks of Rock of Ages performances, the jukebox musical built around 80's classic rock hits at the Circus Maximus Theater from August 18 through September 2.
- Madonna's 2012 World Tour, September 15: The Queen of Pop, Madonna, is bringing her 2012 World Tour to Atlantic City for a memorable evening in the city by the sea. Her majesty's fans will enjoy a first live look at Madonna's new album, "MDNA", and can get "into the groove" to the tunes of her ultimate classics.
For more information on the above event schedule and accommodation packages please visit www.Caesars.com. Tickets, which vary in pricing, are on sale now and can be purchased online at www.ticketmaster.com.
About Caesars Entertainment
Caesars Entertainment Corporation is the world's largest casino entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, more than 70 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions, and now operates casinos on four continents. The company's resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's®, Caesars® and Horseshoe® brand names. Caesars also owns the World Series of Poker® and the London Clubs International family of casinos. Caesars Entertainment is focused on building loyalty and value with its guests through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. Caesars is committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognizes the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment. For more information, please visit www.caesars.com.
SOURCE Caesars Entertainment
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.