"Simon's reputation of visual storytelling is akin to our belief that CAILLER premium Swiss chocolate products are works of art inside and out," said Paul Hodges, Head of CAILLER International. "Not only are you tasting the rich heritage and generations of recipes and techniques in each bite, but every box has a papercut design incorporated into it that reveals a different part of the CAILLER story. We're thrilled to bring the rich heritage of CAILLER Switzerland to the traditions of the New York holiday season."
The New York City retail experience will take residence at 408 W. 14th Street (between 9th and 10th Avenues) in Manhattan, and will be open to the public from November 19 to 26 (excluding Thanksgiving holiday; see specific times below).
"For me the inspiration was easy. It's all about Alpine chic," said Simon Doonan. "Working with such an iconic Swiss brand like CAILLER has been a thrill. Their authentic craft and the injection of art and design found in each box of chocolate is naturally inspiring. The CAILLER window will highlight these unique elements for all of New York to see."
At the bustling Meatpacking location, guests are invited to experience something for all the senses including the opportunity to:
- Visually explore the fashion forward window design and installation from Simon Doonan
- Indulge the taste buds at the complimentary chocolate tasting bar
- Hear from specially trained chocolate concierges about the CAILLER method and receive a special gift with purchase
- Slip on a VR headset and immerse themselves in the natural beauty surrounding Maison CAILLER in Broc Switzerland, where every piece of CAILLER is made
- Be among the first to try the limited edition Winter Selection box with the special decoupage cut out design
The exclusive Winter Selection, a limited edition 20-piece assortment, will be highlighted at the New York location. This creation offers smooth and creamy chocolate centers and delicate notes of classic winter spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Also available will be four assortments in 16- and 25-piece boxes: Signature; Milk Chocolate; Praliné; and Dark Chocolate.
In addition to the selection assortments, seven CAILLER bar varieties are also available on Amazon, including:
L'EcorceTM Bar selection – Thin chocolate bars available in four flavors:
- 70% Cocoa Strong & Intense
- 54% Cocoa Salted Caramel
- Smooth Milk Rich & Creamy
- Smooth Milk With Hazelnut
Art du BrutTM selection – A delicious blend of rich chocolate, freshly roasted nuts, and tangy fruit. Every bite is unique. Comes in three distinct flavors:
- Intense Dark Almond, Hazelnut & Blueberry
- Intense Dark Almond & Cranberry
- Smooth Milk Almond, Hazelnut & Cranberry
New York Retail Dates and Times:
- Saturday, November 19th, 11am – 9pm
- Sunday, November 20th, 11am – 8pm
- Monday, November 21st, 11am – 9pm
- Tuesday, November 22nd, 11am – 9pm
- Wednesday, November 23rd, 11am – 9pm
- Thursday, November 24th, Closed (Happy Thanksgiving!)
- Friday, November 25th, 10am – 9pm
- Saturday, November 26th, 10am -9pm
For more information about CAILLER chocolates and the Maison CAILLER, please visit:
CAILLER, home of Swiss chocolate, was created by M. Francois-Louis Cailler in 1819. Its premium chocolate is quality-crafted from bean to bar - with recipes and techniques perfected over generations. The milk used in CAILLER milk chocolate comes from local Swiss farms located within 20 miles of Maison CAILLER, the only place in the world CAILLER chocolate is made.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161107/436764LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cailler-switzerlands-premium-chocolate-brand-returns-to-the-us-for-only-the-second-time-in-its-nearly-200-year-history-300358510.html