CAIR Report to Reveal Total Funding of U.S. 'Islamophobia Network'
New report will detail groups focused on promoting anti-Islam prejudice and the money available to them
WASHINGTON, Sept. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On Tuesday, September 17, the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) will hold a press conference to release a groundbreaking report, "Legislating Fear: Islamophobia and its Impact in the United States 2011-2012."
WHAT: CAIR to Release Report on U.S. Islamophobia Network and Its Impact on the United States
WHEN: Tuesday, September 17, 10:30 a.m. (Eastern)
WHERE: CAIR's National Headquarters, 453 New Jersey, SE, Washington, DC 20003
CONTACT: CAIR Department to Monitor and Combat Islamophobia Director Corey Saylor, 202-384-8857, E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The 158-page report by CAIR, the nation's largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, includes the following:
* A listing of the organizations involved in the U.S. Islamophobia network, separated into an "inner core" that focuses exclusively on promoting anti-Islam prejudice and an "outer core" that has other elements to its work.
* An examination of the total revenue available to inner core Islamophobic groups during 2008-2011.
* A rating of the state of Islamophobia in America based on a survey conducted with subject matter experts.
* A review of the pervasiveness of anti-Islam legislation in state legislatures.
* A listing of known anti-Muslim law enforcement and military trainers derived from a number of critical exposés.
* The addition of names to CAIR's lists of the "best," those who are working against Islamophobia and the "worst," those who promoted anti-Islam bias in 2011-2012.
The report's cover is currently available here:
This is CAIR's second report on Islamophobia in the United States. The first report, "Same Hate, New Target," was published in 2010 and argued that anti-Islam sentiment is a manifestation of problems minorities have faced in the U.S. throughout its history.
SEE: Same Hate, New Target
CAIR is America's largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
CONTACT: CAIR Department to Monitor and Combat Islamophobia Director Corey Saylor, 202-384-8857, E-Mail email@example.com; CAIR National Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper, 202-744-7726, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; CAIR Communications Manager Amina Rubin, 202-341-4171, E-Mail: email@example.com
SOURCE Council on American-Islamic Relations
More by this Source
CAIR-NY Asks Feds to Probe Hate Vandalism of Muslim's Truck
Dec 11, 2013, 13:03 ET
CAIR: U.S. Muslim Group Calls Nelson Mandela's Death a Loss for All Humanity
Dec 05, 2013, 17:31 ET
CAIR to Seek DOJ Action for Attack on Va. Muslim Taxi Driver
Nov 14, 2013, 13:45 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.