CAIR Video: Tea Party Anti-Muslim Hate Comes to Ohio School
Islamophobe claims U.S. Muslims 'will kill your children,' says 'we are in war with Islam'
CLEVELAND, Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Cleveland office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations' Ohio chapter (CAIR-Cleveland) today released a video highlighting anti-Muslim hate preached at a recent Tea Party event at a school in that state, which included claims that American Muslims "will kill your children" and that "we are in war with Islam."
View the video:
At the December 10 event, titled "Infiltration of Islam in America?" and sponsored by the Mansfield North Central Ohio Tea Party, at Mansfield High School in Mansfield, Ohio, speaker Usama Dakdok called Islam a "wicked cult" and made hate-filled claims such as: (NOTE: Speaker's linguistic errors retained.)
* "The day will come and Muslim in America will have the upper hand, and they will kill your children for not eating what is liked. For not eating the lawful foods."
* "What happened to the women and the children? They were raped. By who? By Muhammad and his followers. And they got pregnant, and they had babies, and the baby was born by the name Fatima, and Khadija, and Obama, and Hussein, and Barack, and all those wonderful Muslim names."
* "[W]ithout Allah they will die and for sure they would spend eternity in hell with Muhammad and with all previous Muslims, and Baptist, and Presbyterian, and Catholic, and everyone who's think by going to some church will make it to heaven."
* "Killing you is a small matter [for Muslims]."
* "We were not in war with Bin Ladin, we are in war with Islam."
* "[T]hen you have a revival in America among the Muslim, and that's when they start beheading your children and your grandchildren."
* "So they say this month two and a half percent of the profit [American banks] made will go to Egypt. To help to get rid of illiteracy. What do they mean by illiteracy? They meant Christian. We are gonna kill some Christian. Or this month we are gonna get rid of some AIDS. What is AIDS? That is the Jews."
CAIR-Cleveland had called on people of conscience to ask the Tea Party group to drop Dakdok from the December 10 program.
"Our nation's schools should be havens from the kind of hatred spewed by Mr. Dakdok," said CAIR-Cleveland Executive Director Julia Shearson. "We urge Ohio's religious and political leaders to repudiate this and all other forms of bigotry being promoted by a vocal minority nationwide – bigotry which can and does lead to violence."
Shearson noted that another charge was added yesterday to those filed against an armed Indiana man arrested for burning the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo in September.
SEE: Charge Filed Against Suspected Mosque Arsonist (Toledo Blade)
Also yesterday, New Jersey white supremacists faced hate crime charges for allegedly attacking several men of Egyptian descent in 2011. One of the alleged attackers wrote on a website: "(W)e went to hunt down some sand n**gers, it was me and my other bro on like 6 or eight and we whooped them."
SEE: "(W)e Went to Hunt Down Some Sand N**Gers" (Philadelphia Inquirer)
As an example of recent campaigns to promote anti-Muslim bigotry, CAIR cited efforts of the designated hate group headed by blogger Pamela Geller to place Islamophobic ads in transit systems nationwide.
Video: Hate Group Opposes CAIR 'MyJihad' Campaign
A scheduled 2011 speech by Dakdok at the same school was cancelled by the Mansfield City School Board after complaints from the NAACP and CAIR, but the decision was challenged by a lawsuit brought on behalf of the Tea Party.
With legal fees mounting, the Mansfield School District recently settled the law suit and granted permission for the hate preacher to speak at the school.
SEE: Controversial Speaker is Back
BACKGROUNDER: Mansfield Mayoral Candidates Back Out of Tea Party Debate
CAIR is America's largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
Become a Fan of CAIR on Facebook
Subscribe to CAIR's E-Mail List
Follow CAIR on Twitter
Subscribe to CAIR's YouTube Channel
CONTACT: CAIR-Cleveland Executive Director Julia A. Shearson, 216-830-2247 or 216-440-2247, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; CAIR National Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper, 202-744-7726, E-Mail: email@example.com
SOURCE Council on American-Islamic Relations
More by this Source
CAIR-FL Seeks Review of UCF Courses Taught by Anti-Islam Prof
Jun 17, 2013, 13:24 ET
CAIR Asks Kansas Rep. Pompeo to Correct 'False and Irresponsible' Attack on Muslims
Jun 12, 2013, 14:36 ET
CAIR: Judge Allows Suit on Border Questioning of Muslims to Move Forward
Jun 11, 2013, 15:46 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.