Calamos' "Prescriptions for U.S. Economic Growth" Firm Releases Investment Perspectives Commentary December 2012
NAPERVILLE, Ill. and LONDON, Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Calamos Investments®*, a globally diversified investment management firm, released a new Investment Perspectives commentary by John P. Calamos, Sr., the firm's Chief Executive Officer and Global Co-Chief Investment Officer. The commentary, titled "Prescriptions for U.S. Economic Growth," provides the firm's views on the current economic environment, the U.S. fiscal cliff, factors that may affect the U.S. and global markets, as well as investing opportunities and risks.
"We believe that the U.S. economy is likely to maintain its slow growth path and avoid a recession. Although the partisan political environment is highly discouraging, we expect that a precipitous fall from the fiscal cliff can be averted. We maintain hope that the U.S. will take steps to become a better home for capital and for businesses. This can set the stage for job growth and increased prosperity for more individuals. As active, fundamental investors, we must be ready to invest through many different environments, always considering the risks and opportunities of multiple economic scenarios. We are prepared to adapt to the evolving environment as we maintain our long-standing investment processes," said John P. Calamos, Sr.
Topics include the following:
- The U.S. should maintain a slow growth path while volatility persists in the global financial markets.
- An environment that encourages business investment and hiring leads to individual and national prosperity.
- Governments should clearly identify and support their countries' comparative advantages.
- Secular growth opportunities remain compelling against a backdrop of a rapidly growing middle class in emerging markets, a focus on productivity enhancement, and increased longevity.
Global secular themes and long-term opportunities:
- A rapidly evolving middle class in emerging markets creates global growth opportunities for companies across market sectors—staples, luxury goods, education, health care, telecommunications.
- Technology companies remain compelling given demand for devices and services that provide connectivity and information.
- Bioscience innovators are positioned to capitalize on longevity trends and individuals' desire to stay healthy.
- Global infrastructure build-out in developing and developed nations can support demand for industrial and materials companies.
Calamos invites you to read the entire December 2012 Investment Perspectives at Calamos.com/fundinvestor/marketinsights/marketperspectives.
Calamos Investments is a diversified global investment firm offering innovative investment strategies including equity, fixed income, convertible and alternative investments, among others. The firm offers strategies through separately managed portfolios, mutual funds, closed-end funds, private funds and UCITS funds. Clients include major corporations, pension funds, endowments, foundations and individuals. Headquartered in the Chicago metropolitan area, the firm also has offices in London and New York.
Calamos serves professional/sophisticated investors around the world through Calamos Global Funds PLC (UCITS), distributed by Calamos Investments LLP, London, United Kingdom.
For more information, please visit Calamos.com.
*Calamos Investments LLC, referred to herein as Calamos Investments®, is a financial services company offering such services through its subsidiaries: Calamos Advisors LLC, Calamos Wealth Management LLC, Calamos Investments LLP and Calamos Financial Services LLC.
SOURCE Calamos Investments