IRVINE, Calif., May 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- CalAmp (NASDAQ: CAMP), a pure-play pioneer of Internet of Things (IoT) enablement solutions, today announced the availability of new capabilities for its innovative CrashBoxx™ vehicle risk management system. The ground-breaking system enables insurers, fleet managers and vehicle repair centers to leverage the enhanced capability of CrashBoxx to reliably provide automated accident reconstruction and predictive vehicle damage assessments.
CrashBoxx is a highly-reliable, multi-tiered vehicle risk management service that provides businesses with faster, deeper and more actionable insights into crash events in near real-time. The two new CrashBoxx service options are:
- CrashBoxx with accident reconstruction – provides detailed analysis of a collision within minutes of the event such as force of the crash, direction of impact, speed prior to impact and other key metrics to automate loss recovery; and
- CrashBoxx with predictive physical damage – helps determine in near real-time whether the vehicle is a total loss or repairable. Predictive auto physical damage improves in-field vehicle triage and enables customers to avoid costs associated with unnecessary towing and storage.
"Connected vehicle technology is making great strides in encouraging safer driving, but the impacts of crash events have far-reaching implications for drivers and businesses," said Justin Schmid, senior vice president and general manager of CalAmp's telematics systems business. "CrashBoxx is unparalleled in aftermarket vehicle risk management and our new automated accident reconstruction and predictive vehicle damage capabilities empower insurers, fleet owners and vehicle repair centers with actionable intelligence to expedite the repair process, improve third party recovery and mitigate fraud."
Customers from a wide range of industries will realize efficiency, productivity and customer service benefits with detailed analyses of crash incidents from CrashBoxx. The new CrashBoxx services create valuable opportunities for improving the repair and recovery process and mitigating the business impact of a crash in the following ways:
- Fleet managers – addresses unreported crashes, provides timely assistance to drivers involved in a crash and helps managers evolve policies to protect the well-being of drivers and minimize company liability;
- Insurers – lowers the total cost of processing a claim by automating functions associated with assessing damage and the triage of vehicles in the field while reducing fraud by providing defensible data during the accident reconstruction process; and
- Vehicle repair centers – unlocks potential opportunities to drive customers involved in accidents to participating partners for repair, parts, maintenance or new car purchases.
For more information about CrashBoxx, visit the CalAmp booth on May 25 at Motor Insurance World in London and June 20 – 22 at America's Claims Event (ACE) in Charlotte, NC, or visit the CrashBoxx website at www.calamp.com/crashboxx.
CalAmp (NASDAQ: CAMP) is a pure-play pioneer in the connected vehicle and broader IoT marketplace. The company's extensive portfolio of intelligent communications devices, robust and scalable telematics cloud services, and targeted software applications streamline otherwise complex IoT deployments. These solutions enable customers to optimize their operations by collecting, monitoring, and efficiently reporting business-critical data and desired intelligence from high-value mobile and remote assets. CalAmp is headquartered in Irvine, California and has been publicly traded since 1983. For more information, please visit www.calamp.com.
CalAmp, the arc logo and CrashBoxx are among the trademarks of CalAmp and its subsidiaries in the United States and certain other countries.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/calamp-crashboxx-transforms-vehicle-collisions-into-actionable-iot-intelligence-300463656.html