IRVINE, Calif., Oct. 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Doctors of Chiropractic have been at the forefront of a national movement toward a clinical model known as Functional Medicine. Recently, Orange County diabetes facility Next Advanced Medicine, led by diabetes chiropractor physician Dr. Candice McCowin, participated alongside nearly 40 individual Doctors of Chiropractic in a case series of over 700 type 2 diabetic cases that had matriculated through their clinical model.
To learn more about Next Advanced Medicine and the medical services that they offer, please visit http://www.nextadvancedmedicine.com.
Many type 2 diabetics are increasingly frustrated with the poor outcomes that are often associated with the traditional drug-therapy approach. As their situation worsens over time, many type 2 diabetics complain that their provider almost always reaches for more prescription drugs-- never attempting to get to the route of the disease process.
The case study analyzed many areas of improvement to include standard bio-markers from blood labs, weight loss, and medication reductions and eliminations. The results, which are quite shocking, are below:
- Average reduction in HA1C: 18 percentage points
- Average reduction in weight: 24 lbs. (In most cases this was done with no exercise)
- Percentage of participants that reduced their oral medication: 84% of participants
- Percentage of participants that experienced a reduction of prescribed insulin: 100% of participants
- Percentage of patients that got off of all oral medication: 74% of participant
- Percentage of patients that no longer required insulin: 50% of participants
- Percentage of patients achieving non-diabetic status: 45% of participants
It is becoming clearer that the scientific literature is accurate, and it certainly appears Type 2 Diabetes is reversible, Dr. McCowin noted. She and her clinical staff look forward to helping Type 2 diabetics in Orange County understand that their condition is often not permanent and could be put into remission.
About Next Advanced Medicine:
Next Advanced Medicine is committed to the fields of Physical and Functional Medicine. One of the major points of emphasis for Next Advanced Medicine is to provide alternatives to patients who continue to suffer from chronic and degenerative health care problems. For more information, please visit http://www.nextadvancedmedicine.com.
Next Advanced Medicine
4980 Barranca Parkway, Ste. 200
Irvine, CA 92604
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/california-chiropractor-participates-in-large-case-series-of-type-2-diabetics-300351469.html
SOURCE Next Advanced Medicine