GLENDALE, Calif., May 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- California Credit Union has announced the recipients of its spring 2017 Teacher Grants, which will benefit students from schools across Los Angeles County. Through the bi-annual program, California Credit Union assists educators in funding innovative learning opportunities for their students. Each recipient will receive up to $500 to use towards their class projects.
The spring 2017 CCU Teacher Grant recipients include:
- Celeste Brown / View Park Continuation HS / Los Angeles Unified School District
- Karen Cowell / Castaic Middle School / Castaic Union School District
- Elva De Jarnett / San Rafael Elementary / Pasadena Unified School District
- Steveh Hall / La Puente High School / Hacienda La Puente Unified School District
- Gail Holland / Van Ness Avenue Elementary School / Los Angeles Unified School District
- John Kruse / Alfred Noble Charter Middle School / Los Angeles Unified School District
- Miguel Medel / Orchard Academies 2C / Los Angeles Unified School District
- Jessica Reed / SWISP at York Elementary School / Los Angeles County Office of Education
- Brenda Walker / Leapwood Elementary / Los Angeles Unified School District
- Swe Wong / James Madison Middle School / Los Angeles Unified School District
"California Credit Union was founded to support the education community, and we are proud to continue our commitment to teachers through our grant program," said California Credit Union CEO Steve O'Connell. "We hope these grants will provide additional support to our teachers who continue to encourage and engage students in creative ways."
Any full-time classroom teacher in Los Angeles County can apply for a California Credit Union grant for a program that has clearly defined learning objectives tied to students' academic needs, displays creativity in education, and targets a significant number of students. California Credit Union received 95 applications for the spring grant program, which were reviewed by a committee of credit union staff who selected the recipients.
Since the creation of the program in 2012, California Credit Union has awarded $55,000 in teacher grants to benefit students from 110 schools throughout Los Angeles County. Up to 20 grants are awarded bi-annually in the spring and fall. California Credit Union will begin accepting applications for the next Teacher Grant program this fall.
About California Credit Union
California Credit Union is a federally insured, state chartered credit union founded in 1933 that serves public or private school employees, community members and businesses across California. With more than 165,000 members and assets of $2.8 billion, California Credit Union has 24 branches throughout Los Angeles and San Diego counties. The credit union operates in San Diego County as North Island Credit Union, a division of California Credit Union. California Credit Union offers a full suite of consumer, business and investment products and services, including comprehensive consumer checking and loan options, personalized financial planning, business banking, and leading-edge online and mobile banking. Please visit CaliforniaCU.org for more information.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/california-credit-union-announces-teacher-grants-benefiting-students-across-los-angeles-county-300450720.html
SOURCE California Credit Union