LOS ANGELES, April 12 /PRNewswire/ -- For more than 45 years Southern Californians and Los Angeles baseball fans have enjoyed the world-famous Dodger Dog® from legendary California meats company Farmer John. Baseball fans will have even more to cheer about when the Los Angeles Dodgers take the field for their home opener against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Tuesday at 1:10 p.m. because for the first time ever Farmer John® Smoked Sausages will be served throughout Dodger Stadium. Available in three varieties – Italian, Polish and Louisiana Hot – Dodger fans can also grab a free sausage sample on their way to the ballgame from the all-new Farmer John TAILGATER mobile food truck that will make its debut in the right field parking lot of Dodger stadium prior to the game.
Highly modified by West Coast Customs, the smokin' hot Farmer John TAILGATER is outfitted with three 55-inch Samsung® ultra-thin flat screen TVs and a VIP lounge that features a faux baseball-field turf floor to offer fans the ultimate tailgating experience.
"Every year visitors to Dodger Stadium enjoy about 2.2 million Dodger Dogs® while soaking up America's national pastime, and now they can add to the experience with three delectable flavors of smoked sausage," said Greg Longstreet, president, Farmer John. "We're pleased to be long-time partners with the winning Dodger organization and look forward to a great season."
Available in all grocery outlets where Farmer John® products are sold as well as the new Farmer John TAILGATER truck and Dodger Stadium, Farmer John® Smoked Sausages are made from the freshest, natural pork with no fillers or by-products, and never any MSG, gluten or soy fillers. All sausages have a real, natural casing that gives Farmer John® Smoked Sausage its famous snap at first bite. Farmer John® products also can be enjoyed at major Southern California sports complexes including Staples Center, Rose Bowl, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and Home Depot Center.
Individual Dodger game tickets can be purchased online at dodgers.com, via telephone at 866-DODGERS, in person at Dodger Stadium in Lot P or at all Southern California Ticketmaster outlets. Complete ticket information can also be found at www.dodgers.com/tickets.
ABOUT FARMER JOHN
Farmer John, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL), is headquartered in Los Angeles. Farmer John produces more than 1,200 items for the retail and foodservice channels in the western United States. Offering an array of fresh and value-added protein products, the Farmer John® Brand holds leadership positions in many categories. The world-famous Dodger Dogs® are one of the many products marketed under the Farmer John® Brand. The company employs more than 1,500 people in Southern California. For additional information, please visit www.farmerjohn.com.
TAILGATER Modifications by West Coast Customs:
- Three top-of-the-line 55" Samsung ultra-thin TVs with sports package service and a DVD player
- A flat-screen TV mounted in the rear quarter-panel broadcasts a live-feed from an in-kitchen camera to bring the grilling experience outside to fans waiting for their Dodger Dog® or Smoked Sausage
- A VIP eating section inside the TAILGATER is outfitted with custom black leather couch, flat-screen TV and Microsoft® X-Box® and faux grass flooring that makes visitors feel like they're lounging on a baseball field
- A large custom-built sports ticker LED to display sports scores from around the country
- An LED message board in the front panel for custom messages
- A condiment table under the 'kitchen cam' gives baseball fans an authentic stadium concession stand experience
SOURCE Farmer John