SAN DIEGO, June 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- www.csupalliativecare.org. For advanced practice RNs, currently working or intending to work in hospice and palliative care who are looking for a way to expand their skills, this 10-month, 100% online course makes it easier than ever. The Advanced Practice RN Certificate in Palliative Care is the first fully online, comprehensive certificate program designed specifically for advanced practice nurses in this field. Developed by industry experts, this program is based on the latest research in palliative care and brings best practices to the participant's computer screen. This program is delivered in an asynchronous online format and is focused on high quality evidence-based content.
The CSU Institute for Palliative Care's Executive Director, Helen McNeal, said, "Participants will walk away from this course with a variety of new skills, a new appreciation for the power of palliative care, and a renewed sense of purpose and confidence to continue our important work in hospice and palliative care."
What sets this program apart?
- Comprehensive Content – the program covers over 80 curricula topics relevant to APRN palliative care practice, allowing participants to gain a greater understanding of their field of practice
- Practical and relevant – learn it today, use it today
- Highly interactive – participants learn from a team of expert faculty while sharing experiences and interacting with a cohort of fellow colleagues from around the country
- Flexible – the coursework was designed to work with a nurse's busy lifestyle. The 100% online format allows participants to complete the assignments at any time during the week.
- Manageable – just six to eight hours per week of study time
- CEUs – Earn continuing education units (including pharmaceutical hours)
- Affordable - one fifth the cost of similar classroom-based programs
"This is comprehensive online course has been designed by experts in palliative care. With its optional fellowship, it offers an excellent opportunity for advance practice nurses to combine online learning with practical clinical experience," said McNeal.
If the participant is currently employed and working in palliative care, the institute will work with the participant and their supervisor to arrange their own unique fellowship program. The Fellowship will run concurrent with the coursework for the APRN and will give the participant the added benefit of direct supervision hours not required by the certificate. Learn more about the fellowship option on the website.
For more details, or to register, please contact Cindy Gordon at: 760.750.4020 9AM - 4PM PST.
About the CSU Institute for Palliative Care
The CSU Institute for Palliative Care is America's first statewide educational and workforce development initiative dedicated to palliative care. The Institute offers professional development and continuing education courses designed to enhance the skills of current and future health care professionals. It also delivers customized corporate educational and community awareness programs designed to increase awareness of palliative care across California and around the nation. In addition to the hospice and palliative care programs offered, the Institute has made the eBook – Caregiver's Handbook available on its website at no charge.
Contact: Steve Dahl, CSU Institute for Palliative Care, Email, 760-750-7292
SOURCE CSU Institute for Palliative Care