CLEVELAND, Jan. 18, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Harrington Discovery Institute and the Alzheimer's Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF) are pleased to announce a request for proposals for the 2017 ADDF-Harrington Scholar Award. The ADDF-Harrington Scholar Award supports breakthrough research that promises to prevent, treat or cure Alzheimer's disease, related dementias and cognitive aging.
Applicants have the opportunity to receive:
- Financial support up to $600,000 over two years
- Drug development and project management support through Harrington Discovery Institute's Innovation Support Center
Research without walls:
"This is a superb opportunity for creative researchers who seek a cure for Alzheimer's and other dementias," said Jonathan Stamler, MD, President, Harrington Discovery Institute and the Robert S. and Sylvia K. Reitman Family Foundation Distinguished Chair in Cardiovascular Innovation at University Hospitals and Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. "The ADDF-Harrington partnership brings a unique combination of knowhow and resources to advance the most innovative discoveries in Alzheimer's disease."
"Our collaboration with Harrington Discovery Institute provides Alzheimer's researchers critical support needed to move discoveries into clinical trials," said Howard Fillit, MD, Founding Executive Director and Chief Science Officer at the ADDF. "The impact of Alzheimer's disease is enormous. We need new and diverse approaches to make a difference—and our partnership with Harrington Discovery Institute exemplifies our commitment to advancing these."
- The competition is open to academic investigators at accredited medical centers, research institutions and universities in the United States
- Lead investigator must have an MD or PhD (or equivalent)
- Proposals should offer creative science or approach to treat, prevent or slow Alzheimer's disease, other dementias or cognitive aging
Please note the following dates:
- Letters of Intent will be accepted through March 17, 2017
- Up to 3 awards will be announced by the end of October
- Applications must be submitted online at AlzDiscovery.org/RFPs
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/call-for-scholars-alzheimers-drug-discovery-foundation-and-harrington-discovery-institute-expand-collaboration-300392787.html
SOURCE Harrington Discovery Institute