Calling All Kids: Get Ready For The Happy's™! Amazingly Adorable, Remarkably Real Pets That Really Play With You! From the makers of ZhuZhu Pets®
NEW YORK, Feb. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Meet The Happy's™, the amazingly adorable and remarkably real new line of interactive motorized plush pets introduced this week at the 111th annual American International Toy Fair®. Appealing to both girls and boys, The Happy's are the only line of interactive puppy and kitty special feature plush pets that play, can be trained to perform tricks and make 25+ silly sounds. Play "keep away" or roll The Happy's ball and watch them chase after it. Hold the Happy's treat and they'll come running. Each treat prompts your pet to perform a different trick like beg, pounce, follow, chase tail or spin. All Happy's treats work with any Happy's pet - so the more treats, the more tricks the Happy's will do! From the imagination of ZhuZhu Pets® toymaker Cepia, LLC, The Happy's are scampering onto shelves this spring, just in time for Easter.
"With The Happy's, we wanted pets that would really play with you and these little guys do that and more," said James Russell Hornsby, CEO of Cepia LLC. "We captured the playful unpredictability of a puppy, a ball and a treat and multiplied it! The Happy's play with you and with one another - get them in a group and witness a pet-palooza of pure magic."
Featuring the playful charm of a real puppy or kitty, The Happy's give boys and girls the pet they've always wanted with a magical twist. Just like a real pet, they can be trained to perform tricks and their play is unpredictable. Their world is magical, a little silly and, most of all, lots of fun.
- Magically Interactive: they can chase a ball, do a trick - even follow you!
- Terrifically Talented: these pets dance to their favorite Samba tune, drive a car and ride a skateboard
- Naturally Nurturing: they like to be tucked in at night in their own bed and blanket
The Happy's™ Characters
Four sweet and silly characters compose The Happy's litter, each with its own name and unique personality. While each pet comes with its own treat to unlock special tricks, all of the treats are compatible and will work with any Happy's pet.
- Bentley – No ordinary retriever, Bentley's GOLDEN and comes with the blue Happy Treat bone. His favorite trick is to chase his tail!
- Sport - A sweet Goldendoodle, Sport comes with the red Happy Treat bone, is obsessed with chasing balls and loves to perform a wiggle trick!
- Chance - A Beagle that's true to his name, Chance loves to explore and comes with an orange Happy Treat bone and will perform a jump trick!
- Mittens – A pure cotton ball white kitty, Mittens is anything but high maintenance! She comes with a yellow fish treat and loves to sneak up with a purrfectly-timed pounce!
The Happy's™ Playsets and Accessories
The Happy's show off dance and agility moves with special playsets and accessories:
- Rockin' Playground: Through the magic of IR technology, the Rockin' Playground signals The Happy's and they all come running! When they get close, they perform a trick. Press the button on the sign and The Happy's will either chase their tail or perform a silly dance to music. Watch them wobble and bobble with the added fun of wobble toys
- Agility Training Set: The Happy's are always ready to learn new tricks. Teach them to go through the tunnel, play on the see-saw and maneuver through the cones.
- Chase and Play: The Happy's are magically drawn to the ball -- they chase and pounce on it!
- Happy Treats: Each Happy Treat unlocks a different trick. The more treats, the more tricks such as beg, chase tail, wiggle and pounce!
- Ride-On Accessories: The Happy's love to cruise around in the Speedy Sports Car and Zippy Skateboard! Both run on Happy Pet Power and work with all pets.
- Fashion Carrier and Scarf: The Happy's travel in style with the Fashion Carrier and coordinating scarf. The Fashion Carrier has a handle for easy carrying and a pocket inside for your pet's Happy Treat. The scarf is pre-tied, and has a Velcro closure.
- Deluxe Bed & Blanket: After a busy day of playing, The Happy's need rest! You can tuck them into their soft, fluffy bed with five styles from which to choose.
Pet Lovers Rejoice
Parents can be assured that The Happy's will delight both girls and boys. Playsets are designed to stimulate imaginative and nurturing play for all children. "We believe The Happy's provide teachable moments about how to play with, care for and love a pet," continued Hornsby. "And, just like real pets, The Happy's love their owners right back!" The Happy's advertising features girls and a boy playing with the toys. Its striking orange and true blue packaging jumps right off the shelf.
The Happy's will be available at major retailers beginning this spring, with even more pets to follow later this year. The Happy's pets, playsets, and accessories range in price from $5.99-$24.99, boys and girls ages 4+. The launch of Happy's will be supported with a national media campaign including TV, radio and social media. For more information, please visit www.the-happys.com or our Toy Fair 2014 online press room at http://www.virtualpressoffice.com/kit/ge0a.
About Cepia LLC
Headquartered in St Louis, Mo., Cepia LLC is a privately held company that manufactures toys and games for children of all ages. The company was founded on the premise that sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Ingenuity, creativity, playfulness and passion are the heart of Cepia and everything it creates. Cepia's toy building enterprises include: ZhuZhu Pets®, DaGeDar™, Glo-E™, and their newest ventures – The Happy's™ and Armadons™. ZhuZhu Pets was named by TIME Magazine as one of the top 100 toys of all time, and received top honor Toy of the Year recognition in seven countries, including 2010 "Toy of the Year," "Most Innovative Toy" and "Best Girls Toy" at the 2010 TOTY Awards in the U.S. All toys from Cepia LLC are sold globally through national chain retail outlets and independent toy stores. For more information, please visit www.cepiallc.com, and www.the-happys.com.
SOURCE Cepia LLC