Can (and Should) Retail/Wi-Fi Analytics Help Retailers Survive in the Age of Amazon? Stratecast | Frost & Sullivan hosts complimentary Analyst Briefing evaluating the human bounce rate (and much more) for retailers
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Nov. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
11:00 a.m. EST on Wed., Dec. 4, 2013
Complimentary online registration
Stratecast | Frost & Sullivan Big Data and Analytics Global Program Director Jeff Cotrupe
The retail industry is enormous. Yet this massive industry is facing sizable challenges. For starters, the global economy continues to struggle because consumers, generally, have less discretionary income and are saving more. The "Age of E-tailing," or to express the concept in its leading brand-specific form, "The Age of Amazon," is placing a vast multitude of items that at one time were available only in retail stores at the fingertips of consumers, on any Web-enabled device, at lower prices and with minimal wait times to receive the merchandise. If retailers are to survive, they must find ways to engage with shoppers, or, at minimum, to better understand what shoppers want.
This Stratecast | Frost & Sullivan Analyst Briefing introduces an approach that is helping retailers better understand both their customers and their own operations by harvesting analytics from the Wi-Fi that many of them are already providing to shoppers.
Designed to benefit a wide range of attendees, including:
- All retail or e-tail organizations, and individual retailers of all types and sizes
- Every brand that sells through either the retail or e-tail channels
- Brands that utilize mobile technologies for sales and retention activities
- Companies that play a role, or could, in equipping retailers to better compete
"Retail/Wi-Fi analytics is one of the most compelling examples of a direct, practical use of Big Data today, in a realm that potentially touches virtually every consumer," said Stratecast | Frost & Sullivan Big Data and Analytics Global Program Director Jeff Cotrupe. "Collecting data about shoppers and their actions, both in-store and in other areas of their lives, does, however, raise privacy issues. Stratecast believes the actions of watchdog groups and key providers in this industry to help shoppers opt out are moving the state of the art in this space to a more consumer-friendly place. We are also advising retailers to turn a negative into a positive by turning shoppers on to special deals and premium content in exchange for keeping their Wi-Fi turned on and allowing this data collection to occur."
- To register for this complimentary analyst briefing, email email@example.com your full name, job title, company name, company telephone number, company email address and Web site, city, state and country.
- Receive a recorded version of the briefing anytime by submitting the aforementioned contact details.
For more information about Stratecast | Frost & Sullivan, please visit: http://www.stratecast.frost.com
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Frost & Sullivan
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan