Forecast And Latest Updates
- The Trans-Canada Highway will be upgraded as announced by the Transportation Ministry. Improvements such as widening will accommodate increasing road freight transports.
- The Central New England Rail Line will be improved to allow carriage of heavier loads, targeting increased used of the mode by nearby manufacturing plants.
- Air Canada has introduced new air freight services between Canada the US and South America. The launch of daily flights from Montreal to Shanghai China is also planned for early 2017 with flight expansion promoting the use of air freight services.
- Canada's negotiations with the EU regarding a trade deal are edging closer to completion following Belgium's recent approval with the potential agreement to boost trade volumes.
- We forecast road freight to increase by 3.5% in 2017 to 645.9mn tonnes, rail freight by 3.3% to 181.5mn tonnes, air freight by 0.8% to 537,000 tonnes and inland waterway freight by 1.4% to 20.0mn tonnes.
- Total trade real growth in 2017 is projected at 2.2% and to average 2.6% over the medium term with imports growth averaging 2.9% and exports 2.3%.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04392748-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/canada-freight-transport-and-shipping-report---road-freight-to-increase-by-35-in-2017-300369342.html