Canadian Tourism Commission and Food Day Canada have combined forces to offer the first ever Culinary Journalism Award
To view the Enriched Media Release, click here: http://smr.newswire.ca/en/canadian-tourism-commission/canadian-tourism-commission-launches-culinary-journalism
VANCOUVER, Oct. 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - The Canadian Tourism Commission (CTC) wants to recognize excellence in journalism while capturing coverage of the varied and rich Canadian culinary experiences. CTC and Food Day Canada invite journalists to submit work published in the US that best describes the relationship between Canada's primary products and the culinary experience available in Canada.
"We believe that a culinary experience in Canada goes well beyond the moment when the waiter passes the napkin and opens the menu," said Gloria Loree, Executive Director of Global Communications at the Canadian Tourism Commission. "We are looking for the kind of in-depth coverage that will tell Canada's food legends from our farm fields and ocean waters, to the imaginative chefs whose vision is a form of story-telling on a plate."
Two categories will be acknowledged:
- Best written work in any medium and
- Best photo essay, video or app.
The criteria are as follows:
- Must have been published in the US or in the case of online content demonstrate that more than 60% of the audience is US based.
- Must have been published between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011
- Includes print, online, broadcast and culinary app
- Subject matter can be pan-Canadian or regional; specific food items or a full menu but must clearly demonstrate the origin of fresh Canadian products and the journey to the table with an emphasis on the culinary experiences that could be enjoyed by visitors to Canada.
- Must be published in English, between 250 and 1500 words; or 5 to 40 images or 2 to 30-minute video
- Each of two winners will receive a cheque of $1000.
- Each winner provides complete rights to the CTC and Food Day Canada to use and re-publish except where the media outlet prevents such use.
Deadline for submission is January 31, 2012. Journalists should send their submissions along with name, email contact, place and date of publication or release and details about the audience or the users of the app to Anita Stewart, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further background: http://fooddaycanada.ca/awards/the-ctc-culinary-journalism-award
About the Canadian Tourism Commission
The CTC is Canada's national tourism marketing organization. Our vision is inspiring the world to explore Canada. With our partners in the tourism industry and the governments of Canada, the provinces and the territories, we advertise and market Canada in 11 countries around the world, conduct industry research and studies, and promote product and industry development. For regular updates on CTC initiatives, subscribe to CTC News, available through RSS feeds and by e-mail. Become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or subscribe to our YouTube channel. For more information visit: www.canada.travel/corporate
About Anita Stewart's Food Day Canada®
Anita Stewart's Food Day Canada is the largest locavore event in Canada. From all parts of the nation, chefs, home cooks, producers and, of course, diners, celebrate Canadian ingredients and culinary talent at the height of the mid summer harvest on the first weekend of August.
SOURCE Canadian Tourism Commission
Image with caption: "Harvest season provides tasty and colourful product for Canada's chefs (CNW Group/Canadian Tourism Commission)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20111007_C2319_PHOTO_EN_4248.jpg
Image with caption: "Farm markets across Canada are the source of the freshest of food ingredients. (CNW Group/Canadian Tourism Commission)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20111007_C2319_PHOTO_EN_4250.jpg
Video with caption: "Video: Fresh Food Canada ". Video available at: http://stream1.newswire.ca/cgi-bin/playback.cgi?file=20111007_C2319_VIDEO_EN_4260.mp4&posterurl=http://photos.newswire.ca/images/20111007_C2319_PHOTO_EN_4260.jpg&clientName=Canadian%20Tourism%20Commission&caption=Video%3A%20Fresh%20Food%20Canada%0D%0A%0D%0A&title=CANADIAN%20TOURISM%20COMMISSION%20%2D%20Culinary%20Journalism%20Award%20