Cancer Network Presents Special Report on Prostate Cancer
NORWALK, Conn., March 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Medica US announces that Cancer Network, the online home of the journal ONCOLOGY presents a special report on the most prevalent cancer for men, prostate cancer.
Cancer Network, a leading online community for oncologists and others who treat cancer, offers news, blogs, and podcasts about the latest clinical findings and best practices in oncology.
As part of our special series on prostate cancer, we present:
- An interview with Timothy Wilt, MD, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, and H. Ballentine Carter, MD, Johns Hopkins University, on PSA screening, early treatment, and active surveillance.
- "New Biomarkers in Prostate Cancer," a review article from the journal ONCOLOGY by E. David Crawford, MD, and colleagues from the University of Denver, highlights looks into the future of prostate screening.
- The latest news on prostate cancer, including a study showing that while less expensive, SBRT may be more toxic for certain patients, as well as another study that found that more intense radiation therapy may lead to better patient outcomes.
- A prostate cancer slide show by Cesar A. Moran, MD, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, featuring pathology images of clear-cell, ductal, and mucinous prostate adenocarcinoma, as well as examples of various Gleason scores.
- A pro/con feature where two clinicians debate baseline PSA testing for men in their 40s.
About UBM Medica US
Addressing today's healthcare information needs, UBM Medica US, delivers strategic, integrated communications solutions and comprehensive reach -- online, in print, via custom programs and live events. Improving the effectiveness of healthcare through information and education, UBM Medica US provides unbiased clinical, practical, and business information for physicians, providers and payers resulting in improved quality of care for patients around the world. Through journals, magazines, online communities, live and digital events, and other valuable resources, UBM Medica US also delivers comprehensive communication solutions for the pharmaceutical and related industries. Online communities include CancerNetwork.com, ConsultantLive.com, DiagnosticImaging.com, RheumatologyNetwork.com, OBGYN.net, PhysiciansPractice.com, PsychiatricTimes.com and SearchMedica.com. UBM Medica US is part of UBM Connect which, through a range of aligned interactive environments, both physical and digital – increases business effectiveness for both customers and audiences through meaningful experiences, knowledge and connections. Headquartered in New York, UBM Connect brings together UBM's healthcare business, UBM Medica US; UBM Canon's advanced design and manufacturing event, online and print brands; UBM Connect New York's catering, cruise shipping, customer management, and fine, specialty and custom chemical communities; and UBM Mexico's concrete show. For more information, visit www.UBMMedicaUS.com.
About UBM plc
UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organized into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information, go to www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news.
Jason J. Golden
Content Marketing Manager
SOURCE UBM Medica US