SCHAUMBURG, Ill., Oct. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following is being released by Cancer Treatment Centers of America:
Who: Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) clinical experts in the fields of oncology and integrative medicine selected to make oral and poster presentations on therapies and practices used in evidence-based integrative oncology treatments as part of the "whole person" approach to cancer care.
Where: The 10th International Conference of the Society for Integrative Oncology
Translational Science in Integrative Oncology: From Bedside, to Bench to Best Practices
Vancouver, British Columbia
When: October 20 – 22, 2013
What: The following is a list of the specific poster and oral presentations being made by CTCA clinical experts:*
- Assuring Dietary Supplement Quality for Cancer Patients: An Integrated Formulary Systems Approach. Paul Reilly, ND, FABNO, NA:, Carolyn Lammersfeld, MS, RD, CSO, LD, CNSC; Tim Birdsall, ND, FABNO; Maurie Markman, MD; Joesph Coyne; Michael Levin (October 21, 11:30 p.m. PDT)
- Is Pretreatment Serum 25-Hydroxy Vitamin D A Prognostic Indicator in Advanced Colorectal Cancer? Carolyn Lammersfeld, MS, RD, CSO, LD, CNSC; Pankaj Vashi, MD: Kristen Trukova,MS, RD, LDN, CNSC, CSO; Digant Gupta; Gwen Lambert (October 21,11:30 p.m. PDT)
- Resveratrol Enhances Mitomycin C-Mediated Suppression of Cell Proliferation in Colon Cancer Cell Lines By Modulating Expression of Cell Cycle Regulating Genes. Irshad Ali; Don Braun, Ph.D. (October 21, 12:15 p.m. PDT)
- Low Level Energy Laser and Chemotherapy Induced Peripheral Neuropathy. Katherine Anderson, ND, FABNO; Aisha Chilcoat, MJ, ND; Rachel Long (October 20, 7:45 p.m. PDT)
- Group Based Community Acupuncture: Utilization and Outcomes in an Integrative Oncology Hospital Model of Care. Katherine Anderson, ND, FABNO; Brandy Valentine, MAcOM; Teri Applegate, MAcOM, LAc (October 20, 7:45 p.m. PDT)
- Integrative Medicine: Approaches to Managing Cancer Related Fatigue. Katherine Anderson, ND, FABNO (October 20, 7:45 p.m. PDT)
- Case Series of an Integrated Approach for Management of Intractable Chemotherapy Induced Nausea and Vomiting. Laura Sunn, MD (October 20, 7:45 p.m. PDT)
- Clinical Implications of Delay in Diagnosis and Treatment of Breast Cancer. Christina Shannon, ND, FABNO; Dennis Citrin, MD, Ph.D.; Sara Mortensen BA; Shelly Smekens ND, FABN; James Grutsch, Ph.D. (October 20, 7:45 p.m. PDT)
- Expression of Cell Cycle Regulating Genes in Human Peritoneal Carcinomatosis Cells Stimulated with TNF-α and/or Resveratrol. Irshad Ali; Don Braun, Ph.D. (October 20, 7:45 p.m. PDT)
- IV Micronutrient Infusions Can Positively Impact Outcomes for Patient with Malignancies Undergoing Cancer Treatment. Heather Wright, ND, FABNO; Eiko Klimant, MD, FACP; Christina Calhoun; Marie Winters, ND; Hadassah Hilewitz, ND (October 20, 7:45 p.m.PDT)
- Integrative Management of Chemotherapy-Induced Neuropathy in Cancer Patients Using Evidence-Based Therapies. Heather Wright, ND, FABNO; Eiko Klimant, MD, FACP; Christina Calhoun, Marie Winters, ND; Hadassah Hilewitz, ND (October 20, 7:45 p.m. PDT)
- Chemotherapy Induced Peripheral Neuropathy: An Integrative Approach - Aisha Chilcoat, ND; Edra Spevack, ND; Sara Gomendi, ND
Note: CTCA presentation abstracts and interviews with presenters and lead authors are available before and after the event to discuss their presentations and findings. To schedule an interview, or learn more about any of the studies listed, please contact Susan Morris, Manager, Public Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847/342-6856.
CTCA: Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Inc. (CTCA) is a national network of hospitals focusing on complex and advanced stage cancer. CTCA offers a comprehensive, fully integrated approach to cancer treatment and serves patients from all 50 states at facilities located in Atlanta, Chicago, Philadelphia, Phoenix and Tulsa. Known for delivering the Mother Standard® of care and Patient Empowerment Medicine®, CTCA provides patients with information about cancer and their treatment options so they can control their treatment decisions. For more information about CTCA, go to www.cancercenter.com.
*Note – all presentations are embargoed from release until the day and time (PDT) of presentation. Lead authors, spokespersons for each study appear in bold face.
SOURCE Cancer Treatment Centers of America