MELVILLE, N.Y., March 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, introduces the REALiS WUX450ST Pro AV LCOS Projector. The newest short throw projector in Canon's non-interchangeable lens product line, the REALiS WUX450ST combines native WUXGA resolution (1920 x 1200), 4500 lumens of brightness, and Canon's LCOS technology with AISYS-enhancement to project bright, highly detailed/contrasted and color accurate images – all in a compact size (only 13.9 pounds). The REALiS WUX450ST projector's 1.35x optical zoom, short throw ratio of 0.56:1 and 0–75 percent vertical lens shift help provide outstanding installation flexibility, as does the model's HDBaseTä receiver1 which allows uncompressed HD video, audio and control signals to be transmitted over one single LAN cable up to a maximum distance of 328 feet (100m).
The REALiS WUX450ST projector's impressive combination of features allow it to stand apart from most other short throw projectors on the market today – and makes it ideal for a wide range of markets and applications including higher education, museums and galleries, corporate, simulation and training, and digital signage.
REALiS WUX450ST D Projector
For those in the medical education and training fields, the REALiS WUX450ST D Pro AV Installation LCOS Projector is available with all of the same features of the REALiS WUX450ST, plus a special DICOM® Simulation Mode for displaying monochrome digital X-rays, CAT scans, and MRIs with superb grayscale gradation2. This unique mode, which offers both clear and blue base color temperature presets, simulates the results of devices compliant with the Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) Part 14 standard. This mode can also be utilized in other specialized applications like black and white photography where an expanded range of gamma adjustment is required.
"Canon's REALiS WUX450ST and WUX450ST D projectors are examples of our commitment to designing and engineering professional products with outstanding features and performance," explains Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. "By continuing to enhance our line of REALiS Pro AV LCOS Projectors, and backing them with our world-class service and support, we demonstrate to our customers our highest level of commitment."
Amazing Image Quality
As the newest member of the REALiS family, the WUX450ST projector delivers amazing image quality thanks to its WUXGA high resolution and a combination of core advanced optical and image processing technologies:
- Genuine Canon Lens – utilizes a combination of dual-sided aspherical and Ultra Low Dispersion (UD) lens elements, as well as a wide F2.7 aperture, to produce sharp and clear images, even when projecting on curved surfaces.
- Canon's LCOS Technology with AISYS-enhancement – LCOS is an advanced hybrid technology renowned for delivering virtually seamless images and low-latency playback for improved display of video content. The patented AISYS (Aspectual Illumination System) Optical Engine also helps ensure the projector delivers an ideal combination of both brightness (up to 4500 Lumens) and contrast ratio (up to 2000:1).
- Advanced Color Management – a cornerstone of Canon products, the REALiS WUX450ST projector's sophisticated system delivers highly accurate color reproduction.
In addition, the REALiS WUX450ST projector also offers a group of advanced optional image adjustments, most notably:
- Dynamic Gamma: - analyzes individual areas of an image for specific, independent contrast adjustment so light and dark areas do not appear over or under exposed.
- Memory Color Correction - enhances skin tones and other color features for rich, vivid results that look striking to the human eye.
- 6-Axis Color Adjust: - allows fine-tuning of the hue and saturation of each of the primary and secondary colors – ideal for those users with the most exacting imaging requirements.
Ease of Installation
In addition to the projector's small form factor, 0.56:1 short throw ratio, impressive 0–75 percent vertical lens shift, and HDBaseTä compatibility, the WUX450ST projector features a variety of other advanced optional settings to further maximize installation versatility, including:
- 4-Point Keystone Correction - allows the corners of the image to be independently adjusted to help facilitate optimal image reproduction.
- Built-in Edge Blending - enables the projection of one seamless, large image from multiple projectors without the need of special software.
- 360-degree Vertical Installation - allows the projector to be positioned anywhere on the vertical axis3. Fan speed can also be adjusted to help optimize results (depending on projector positioning).
Versatile Connectivity and Network Management
The REALiS WUX450ST projector offers multiple industry-standard interfaces including HDMI®, DVI-I, USB, RS-232C, and RJ-45 network port which supports gigabit data transfer speeds. In addition, it also supports Wi-Fi® connectivity which can be used to enhance the WUX450ST projector's Network Multi Projection (NMPJ) functionality which allows a projector(s) to receive display information from a PC(s) through a network.
This model is a Crestron Connected device, compatible with AMX Device Discovery, and also supports PJLink™ which makes it possible to control and monitor the projector over the network – a feature excellent for observing lamp hours, usage and more.
Pricing, Availability and Warranty
The Canon REALiS WUX450ST projector has a suggested list price of $7,329*. The Canon REALiS WUX450ST D projector has a suggested list price of $7,959* and both are currently scheduled to be available through authorized Canon dealers by April 2016. The REALiS WUX450ST projector and WUX450ST D projector are backed by the Canon Three-Year Projector and Lamp Limited Warranty (120-day lamp coverage), and Canon's award-winning Professional Service & Support, which includes both a Three-Year Advanced Warranty Service Exchange Program and a Service Loaner Program.
Digital Signage Expo 2016
The REALiS WUX450ST and REALiS WUX450ST D Pro AV LCOS Projectors will be on display in the Canon booth #2631 at the Digital Signage Expo Conference Wednesday, March 16th and Thursday, March 17th.
For more information please visit projectors.usa.canon.com
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean (excluding Mexico) markets. With approximately $31 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2015† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2016. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
*Availability, prices, and specifications of all products are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.
DICOM is the registered trademark of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association for its standards publications relating to digital communications of medical information. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
1The combination of a TX (transmitter) and RX (receiver) is required in order to create an HDBaseT system. Since the RX (receiver) is built into these models, and the TX (transmitter) is sold separately by another manufacturer – functionality cannot be guaranteed. Please check compatibility before use.
2This model is not cleared or approved for medical diagnosis and should not be used for these purposes.
3When standing the projector straight up or down, lamp life may be shortened.
Canon U.S.A. website:
For sales information/customer support:
SOURCE Canon USA