MELVILLE, N.Y., Sept. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Celebrate the powerful imaging capabilities of Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, as it showcases a wide array of its production and large format portfolio at this year's GRAPH EXPO, to be held from September 25 to September 28 at the Orange County Convention Center – North in Orlando, Florida, in booth #1500. Guests to the booth will be greeted by a colorful display encouraging them to "#PRINTCANON" – the theme of this year's exhibit, which serves to promote Canon's printing capabilities and inspire guests to take part in the conversation. GRAPH EXPO will also be the first opportunity for guests to experience some brand new Canon devices and technology to help meet the demands of the market to print fast, print big, print easy and print vibrant.
"Canon is proud to once again have a substantial presence at GRAPH EXPO, allowing us to showcase our celebrated devices and solutions for the production and large format print markets," said Toyotsugu Kuwamura, executive vice president and general manager, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A., Inc. "In addition to our proven technologies, GRAPH EXPO also serves as an opportunity to inspire conversations about the industry's direction, challenges and opportunities to assist Canon in providing innovative technology and customizable solutions that are essential for print shops to excel in today's competitive market."
For the first time at GRAPH EXPO, on display will be the Océ VarioPrint i300 digital press, featuring iQuarius Technology which was selected as a "MUST SEE 'EM" at this year's GRAPH EXPO. With new ColorGrip technology, the Océ VarioPrint i300 offers an inline paper conditioning step to enable high-quality inkjet printing on a variety of cost effective media. Another MUST SEE 'EM at Canon booth #1500 is the PRISMAsync Color Print Server for imagePRESS, designated recently as the first DFE-embedded G7® Certified System. At GRAPH EXPO, Canon launches the new PRISMAsync Version 5 with an extended color correction toolset, embedded JDF/JMF workflow connectivity and new user interface configurability, driving live production on the new imagePRESS C850 and the imagePRESS C10000VP digital color presses.
GRAPH EXPO 2016 also marks the world premiere of the new imagePRESS C850 Series of digital color presses, consisting of the imagePRESS C850 and imagePRESS C750 models. The imagePRESS C850 Series features new as well as proven technologies - built on the successful platform of the imagePRESS C800 Series - offering end-users the image quality enabled by imagePRESS Gloss Optimization, R-VCSEL laser and advanced twin belt fusing technologies, color consistency, productivity with up to 85 letter-size images per minute, reliability and versatility with a wealth of in-line finishing options, digital front end options and media support including the new auto-duplex print capability of up to 30 inch long sheets to produce the array of print products needed to satisfy high-demand production print environments.
Canon will also be using this opportunity to demonstrate a new offering from the imageRUNNER ADVANCE lineup. Utilizing the third generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform, the new imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7500 Series is designed to provide high-quality performance with outstanding ease-of-use while integrating with various solutions that can help streamline business workflows. Offering intuitive operability, outstanding scan productivity and features, fast copy/print speeds and high-image quality, these new additions to Canon's enterprise portfolio provide significant benefits to high-volume office environments and demanding multi-user environments including self-service pay for print locations. The introduction at GRAPH EXPO highlights the quality and versatility of the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7500 Series, demonstrated with the EFI M500 Self Serve Payment System, for environments with multiple users such as colleges, universities or self-service stations within franchise print businesses. Visitors are encouraged to stop by the Canon booth to learn more about these exciting new solutions.
Key products and solutions to be on hand within the Canon booth include, but are not limited to:
- imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 and PRO-6000s – The two newest members of Canon's large format family, these two devices are designed for the ultra-high quality photography/fine art print markets and the production signage and commercial photography markets respectively. Both devices utilize a 1.28 inch wide 12-channel print head, an 11-color LUCIA PRO ink set plus Chroma Optimizer, and an L-COA PRO high-speed image processing engine to print with quality and speed.
- Océ TrueProof V5 - A software proofing tool for time-critical production printing that allows print providers to cope with inconsistencies in layout, registration, ink estimating and optionally color proofing, all during the file preparation process and prior to final production, helping the customer will get the printed product they need while gaining production efficiency. Océ TrueProof allows a pixel-precise preview of applications, with registration accuracy of recto/verso printing in a semi-transparent preview, a superimposing of preprinted forms to check for imprint alignment and data and resources integrity through the entire print workflow, including RIP. The new SoftProof tool creates press quality soft proofs on a calibrated LCD displays to gain customer approval on proofs or expedite color adjustments if necessary. The new Hardcopy Proof printed to the Canon iPF6450 allows for content and color accuracy prior to final production.
- Océ Color Control Suite – Designed to help customers reduce costs associated with achieving consistent color output and reduce waste and drive revenue growth, the Océ Color Control Suite provides the necessary color management tools, across all printing platforms – offset, inkjet and toner -to establish color standards, monitor performance and eliminate operator skill dependencies to adhere to consistent color across multiple devices, multiple papers and/or multiple sites. By optimizing the color gamut of presses, helping to provide consistent color output over time, and that devices adhere to color specification throughout the digital workflow, Océ Color Control Suite helps customers see that the printed product at the end of the production workflow matches the intentions of the original.
- The Océ Arizona 6170 XTS assists in producing quality results for high-volume printing environments at speeds of up to 1,668 square feet per hour. The extra-large table design of the flatbed printer provides continuous print production of standard size rigid media, helping alleviate manual intervention while increasing productivity.
- See how with #PRINTCANON the combination of the imagePRESS C10000VP Series and Océ VarioPrint 6320+ can help print providers reap the rewards of high productivity and unparalleled reliability combined with stable and predictable image quality. During production of books, targeted marketing campaigns, direct mail, and other new and growing opportunities, the combination of Canon's unique and proven time tested technologies such as Océ Gemini Instant-Duplex Technology on our monochrome digital presses and dual fusing and Gloss Optimization on our color digital presses help ensure these jobs are printed efficiently and meet the standards of the most demanding print buyers.
- The PRISMA Suite's workflow essentials for production printing optimize the print production workflow, from job submission to completion, enabling users to adapt, evolve, and grow within ever-changing production print environments. PRISMA integrates with many systems and work processes to help drive print operations to optimal efficiency, new applications, and revenue opportunities. Visitors can see such integration live with the new Version 1.3 of PRISMAdirect, Canon's order and workflow management solution, featuring improved functionalities of its order management dashboard and optional Webshop such as shipment provider integration, sales tax calculation and mobile device optimization.
- PRISMAproduction Version 5.04 high-volume workflow and output management system offers a new intuitive interface for optimal job planning based on predicted finish times and smart batching, the ability to add print file enhancements, and to design sophisticated production workflows for automation; or integration of 3rd party software for tasks like document composition, postal optimization, accessibility compliance or Secure Print. An expanded JDF/JMF framework has been implemented to bridge communication gaps between MIS with pre-press, press, and post-press. Status information regarding device messaging, job tracking, resource usage, and cost estimation is made available to users of the JDF/JMF Connector. The Océ JDF/JMF Connector complies with graphic arts industry standards for end-to-end automated printing workflows to support the acceptance of JMF/JDF messages, and to provide the appropriate reaction to the messages.
- Production Control System (PCS) goes beyond the print production to help automate high-volume, short-run production floor management using JDF/JMF deployment for device messaging, job control and job tracking, ensuring order/job/item integrity so that even runs down to a copy of one can be produced in a cost-effective manner while ensuring high productivity.
Guests are invited to join a guided tour of the booth for a comprehensive overview of what Canon has to offer and to also join us for "Conversations@Canon" – an onsite speaker series featuring industry leaders discussing relevant topics and trends in the large format and production space with participation from audience members. Located within the booth is the thINK lounge, where visitors have the opportunity to relax, recharge and enjoy refreshments.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean (excluding Mexico) markets. With approximately $31 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2015† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2016. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Availability and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Canon U.S.A. Web site:
For sales information/customer support:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/canon-usa-encourages-guests-to-printcanon-at-2016-graph-expo-300332814.html
SOURCE Canon U.S.A., Inc.