The integration includes many points of interoperability, such as:
- Single sign-on: With a single login, when users are logged into Canvas, they're also logged into Google.
- Google Drive embedding and linking: Users can easily embed documents from Google Drive anywhere they use the Canvas rich content editor.
- Google Docs as assignments: With this new integration, students can submit Google Docs as assignments, and teachers can use a Google Doc to give an assignment and to grade submitted assignments in Speedgrader by editing or annotating the Google Doc submitted by the student.
- Google Drive collaborations: Students can participate in a Canvas collaboration using Google Docs, Sheets or Slides.
- Modules: Teachers can include a read-only Google Doc in their modules.
The Canvas Google integration benefits teachers, students and administrators. The integration helps teachers create and add collaborative documents from Google, view their Google Drive files from the Canvas Course Navigation Menu, and save time in finding and sharing files. Because Canvas seamlessly integrates with Google Drive, teachers can create assignments and annotate directly on the Google Docs, Slides, or Sheets as they grade them.
For students, the new integration promotes collaboration with classmates and teachers and enables them to view teacher feedback on Google Docs and save time submitting documents. The integration also helps administrators leverage standards-based technology and Google's wealth of educational features with no additional cost. The simplified workflow created by the integration also promotes greater adoption of the technology, which increases productivity.
"Canvas makes teaching and learning easier, and this integration helps us fulfill on that promise by simplifying workflows between the two tools used most by many teachers, saving them time for the things that matter," said Loble.
This integration allows for seamless, simultaneous use of Canvas and Google, with both platforms transforming today's K–12 and higher education classrooms.
To learn more, please visit https://www.CanvasLMS.com/
Instructure, Inc. is a leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) technology company that makes software that makes people smarter. With a vision to help maximize the potential of people through technology, Instructure created Canvas and Bridge to enable organizations everywhere to easily develop, deliver and manage engaging face-to-face and online learning experiences. To date, Instructure has connected millions of instructors and learners at more than 2,000 educational institutions and corporations throughout the world. Learn more about Canvas for higher ed and K–12, and Bridge for the corporate market, at www.Instructure.com.
Copyright © 2016, Instructure, Inc. All rights reserved. Instructure, Canvas, and the Bridge logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Instructure, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Other brands and names may be claimed as the property of others.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/canvas-unveils-new-integration-with-google-to-make-online-instruction-seamless-300392542.html