SANTA MONICA, Calif., Sept. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Six car shoppers from across the country descended on Southern California this week to uncover a fresh perspective on car shopping with the first-ever Connect & Drive Experience sponsored by Edmunds.com, the premier resource for car shopping and automotive information. During the three-day experience, the participants drove and reviewed four of the hottest new compact sedans available and learned the best way to navigate the car buying process from Edmunds.com's staff of experts.
The six men and women chosen to engage in this unique, fun and informative experience were:
- Jennifer Adcock, Alexandria, VA – Jennifer is a recently retired police lieutenant who is downsizing from an SUV.
- Ernest Campbell, Costa Mesa, CA – Ernest recently moved from the East Coast to California, and needs reliability and fuel efficiency for his long commute.
- Bob Garrett, Audubon PA - Bob is interested in getting the latest car technology as he prepares to retire.
- Donnie Griffin, Clermont, FL – Donnie has a daughter who turns 16 in the spring and is looking for the right vehicle to share with her.
- Nicole Standley, Fullerton, CA – Nicole is a 30-something stay-at-home mom seeking the perfect family road trip vehicle.
- Monique Williams, Mechanicsville, VA – Having lived in NY without a car for seven years, Monique is back in her Virginia hometown and wants to be as ''green'' as possible while also seeking style and affordability.
"These six participants are a strong representation of the types of shoppers that turn to Edmunds.com every day to help them make a smart decision on their next new or used car," says Edmunds.com President Seth Berkowitz. "We congratulate each of them for taking part in this exceptional experience that will prepare them not only to make an informed car purchase themselves, but also to help their friends and family once they need to buy a car."
Through Edmunds.com's Connect & Drive Experience, all six participants test drove four of these compact cars: 2014 Ford Focus, 2013 Honda Civic, 2014 Mazda 3, and 2014 Toyota Corolla. They documented their experiences with each car and developed buying strategies in consultation with Edmunds.com's experts.
Readers at home can learn more about Edmunds.com's Connect & Drive participants and follow all of their experiences and reviews at http://www.edmunds.com/connect-and-drive.html.
Car shoppers don't need to participate in Edmunds.com's Connect & Drive Experience to get all the help they need on their next car purchase. Edmunds.com's Live Advice line is a free resource that gives all car shoppers direct access to Edmunds.com's staff of automotive experts. Shoppers can contact a Live Advice representative over the phone at 1-855-782-4711 or via online chat at https://help.edmunds.com/home seven days a week from 8am PT to 5pm PT.
About Edmunds.com, Inc.
Edmunds.com is a car-shopping Web site committed to helping people find the car that meets their every need. Almost 18 million visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next new or used car. Whether you're at the dealership or on the go, we're always by your side with our acclaimed Edmunds.com iPhone and iPad apps and our Edmunds.com Android App. Our comprehensive car reviews, shopping tips, photos, videos and feature stories offer a friendly and authentic approach to the automotive world. We're based in Santa Monica, Calif., but you can connect with us from anywhere by following @Edmunds on Twitter or by becoming a fan of Edmunds.com on Facebook.