DENVER, June 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- car2go, the largest, fastest-growing one-way carsharing service in the world, announced that starting today its 42,000-plus Denver members can drive and enjoy new all-wheel drive Mercedes-Benz CLA and GLA four-door five passenger vehicles, and be able to start and end car2go trips in more Denver neighborhoods.
In conjunction with the rollout of new Mercedes-Benz vehicles, car2go also expanded its Denver Home Area, enabling more Denverites to access the convenience of one-way carsharing. The expanded Home Area now includes: Clayton, Skyland, North Park Hill, Northeast Park Hill, Overland Park, Hilltop, Belcaro, Corry-Merrill, and University Park.
"Our Denver members spoke and we listened," said Joseph Skelton, General Manager for car2go Denver. "We're excited to provide members with a network of vehicles that deliver more room to roam with four-door five passenger vehicles plus an expanded Home Area for Denver members to get around much more easily and conveniently. At the end of the day, car2go Denver's new vehicles can accommodate more people and their things and are perfect for the Denver lifestyle with features like all-wheel drive, panoramic sunroofs and hand-free trunk access."
The new vehicles deliver a smoother, faster and improved experience, featuring the newest car2go technology via the free car2go app. This new technology allows members to locate and unlock a car2go in a matter of seconds via their smartphone, just as if they had the keys in the palm of their hand.
Free car2go parking at Red Rocks, and by the ballpark during all Rockies home games
car2go also offers exclusive car2go-only parking spots at Red Rocks in the Upper North lot closest to the venue (no oxygen tanks needed for the hike up from the lower level lots!) and provides free car2go only parking – called a car2go Drop Zone – at every Colorado Rockies home game. car2go members simply drive their car2go to the Drop Zone at 1970 Wazee Street and park for free; no need to circle the area for street parking, or pay for expensive garage parking.
Meet the new car2gos: Mercedes-Benz CLAs, GLAs
car2go's 2018 Mercedes-Benz CLA is a fun and sexy 4-door coupe and car2go's 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLA is a sporty, 5-door small SUV with expanded cargo capacity. All 100-plus car2go Denver CLAs and GLAs come equipped with Mercedes-Benz's award-winning 4MATIC all-wheel drive system for maximum traction in all types of poor and more difficult driving conditions, Adaptive Braking, Blind Spot Assist, a rearview camera, heated seats, Hands Free Access to the trunk, and full smartphone integration. Mercedes-Benz car2gos come in three colors: Night Black, Cirrus White, and Polar Silver.
More information on new vehicle features are as follows:
- Rearview camera, providing drivers with a 180-degree view for added confidence when backing-up
- Blind Spot Assist, which warns drivers when another object or vehicle is in their blind spot
- Adaptive Braking, a radar-based technology that can autonomously brake at speeds of up to 65 mph and alert drivers when approaching a vehicle ahead – including some stationary objects – at a speed and distance that suggest a collision is likely
- Hands-Free Access, a sensor in the rear bumper that detects your presence with the car's key and automatically opens and close the trunk or hatch by moving your foot under the bumper sensor
- Heated Seats, Bluetooth, Navigation, and Panoramic sunroof
- Multiple air-bags and anti-lock braking system
- Full smartphone integration including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- A fuel-efficient turbo 4-cylinder motor that accelerates quickly while still achieving impressive 32 mpg fuel economy in part though Mercedes-Benz's innovative ECO start/stop system that turns off the engine to prevent fuel consumption while idling at a stop, and re-starts the engine instantly when the driver moves from the brake to the gas pedal
Free new member registration for Denverites
Starting now through July 15, car2go is offering Denverites free registration and drive credit for new car2go members. Download the car2go app or register at car2go.com with the code GOFARTHER to receive free registration plus $5 of drive credit. car2go covers its members insurance, parking, gas and maintenance with no additional fees. Members only pay by the minute for what they use. Denverites can take a car2go on a day trip to Red Rocks with friends, the Botanic Gardens with family or head out to a Rockies Home game with free car2go-designated valet parking at the car2go Drop Zone.
About car2go N.A. LLC
car2go N.A., LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Daimler North America Corporation, offers an innovative mobility solution in rapidly growing urban areas via a carsharing network of affordable, eco-friendly Mercedes-Benz and smart vehicles. A flexible and "on demand" mode of transportation, car2go complements existing public transportation by bridging the gaps between the "first and last mile" of a member's commute. Today, car2go's global operation is the largest, fastest-growing carsharing program in the world with more than 2,500,000 registered members and a fleet of nearly 14,000 vehicles in 26 locations in North America, Europe and Asia. Further information on car2go is available at car2go.com and car2go.com/NA/en/press/.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/car2go-brings-new-mercedes-benz-vehicles-to-denver-300474437.html
SOURCE car2go N.A. LLC