BOSTON, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), a leading provider of online backup solutions for consumers and small to medium sized businesses, today announced it ranked No. 51 on Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and clean technology companies in North America. Carbonite grew 2,709 percent during this period.
"Carbonite has been a pioneer in the cloud backup market for consumers and small to medium sized businesses, and our expertise and strong product line have driven our significant growth since we launched in 2005," said David Friend, Chairman and CEO, Carbonite. "We are proud to be recognized among so many impressive companies and remain committed to delivering easy-to-use, affordable and secure cloud solutions with innovative features and functionality."
Since 2011, Carbonite has increased its offerings to add new markets and platforms and achieved milestones in its award-winning service, including:
- SMB: In June 2011, Carbonite launched Carbonite Business, which offers two affordable, easy-to-use solutions tailored to meet the backup needs of small and medium sized businesses.
- Server and database backup: In November 2012, Carbonite acquired Zmanda, Inc., a leading provider of cloud backup solutions for databases, servers, file systems, virtual machines and applications.
- Mobile: In September 2012, Carbonite extended its backup expertise to the mobile platform with the launch of its new Carbonite Mobile app, which backs up mobile photos and videos, and offers device protection features.
- Channel/Reseller: In June 2012, Carbonite launched a new reseller program designed to help its online backup resellers grow their businesses by offering a broader range of backup plans and new account management tools.
- Onshored Customer Support: Carbonite has completely repatriated its customer support operations to the US, creating more than 200 new jobs in New England.
"We are proud to honor the 2012 Technology Fast 500™ companies, and commend them for their outstanding growth," said Eric Openshaw, vice chairman, Deloitte LLP and U.S. technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) leader. "These ground-breaking companies have outpaced their competition and are reinventing the way we do business today."
Overall, 2012 Technology Fast 500™ companies achieved revenue growth ranging from 128 percent to 279,684 percent from 2007 to 2011, with an average growth of 2,774 percent.
About Deloitte's 2012 Technology Fast 500™ Technology Fast 500, conducted by Deloitte & Touche LLP, provides a ranking of the fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and clean technology companies – both public and private - in North America. Technology Fast 500 award winners are selected based on percentage fiscal year revenue growth from 2007 to 2011.
In order to be eligible for Technology Fast 500 recognition, companies must own proprietary intellectual property or technology that is sold to customers in products that contribute to a majority of the company's operating revenues. Companies must have base-year operating revenues of at least $50,000 USD or CD, and current-year operating revenues of at least $5 million USD or CD. Additionally, companies must be in business for a minimum of five years, and be headquartered within North America.
About Carbonite Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), is a leading provider of online backup solutions for consumers and small and medium sized businesses. Subscribers in more than 100 countries rely on Carbonite to provide easy-to-use, affordable and secure online backup solutions with anytime, anywhere data access. Carbonite's online backup solution runs on both the Windows Mac platforms. The company has backed up nearly 200 billion files, restored more than 7 billion files and currently backs up more than 300 million files each day. For more information, please visit www.carbonite.com, twitter.com/carbonite, twitter.com/carbonitebiz, or facebook.com/CarboniteOnlineBackup.
CONTACT: Erin Delaney, +1-617-421-5637, email@example.com
SOURCE Carbonite, Inc.