LONDON, June 16 /PRNewswire/ -- CareerBuilder UK is launching a new free "Jobs" iPhone application that enables job seekers to search and apply for jobs from virtually anywhere. Using the iPhone's built-in geolocation technology, the CareerBuilder application "Jobs by CB" automatically determines the location of the job seeker and then allows them to find a job using a simple keyword search. iPhone users can even apply for positions directly through the CareerBuilder application.
"CareerBuilder UK is in the business of connecting the right employers with the right job candidates as quickly as possible," said Tony Roy, Managing Director of CareerBuilder UK. "Our new app brings a new level of convenience to iPhone and iPod touch users by furnishing the ability to search for jobs on the go anywhere, anytime."
With CareerBuilder UK's new iPhone app, job seekers have the ability to:
- Create a user account from the application
- Upload a CV – or create a new one
- Job search by keyword, location or company
- Search results directly on a map relative to their current location
- E-mail jobs to themselves or others
- Mark jobs they like as "favorites" for easy reference
- Apply directly to jobs from the iPhone application
- Browse recommended jobs and see application history
- Search for jobs by:
- company name – the name of the employer desired
- search radius – maximum desired distance from the specified location
- employment type – full-time, part-time, intern, contractor, seasonal, etc.
CareerBuilder UK is one of the most visited online job sites in the United Kingdom. Owned by Gannett Co., Inc (NYSE: GCI), Tribune Company, The McClatchy Company (NYSE: MNI) and Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT), CareerBuilder.co.uk powers the career centres for hundreds of UK sites that reach national, local, industry and niche audiences. For more information about CareerBuilder products and services, visit http://www.careerbuilder.co.uk.
LEWIS Public Relations
+ 44 (0)20 7802 2626
SOURCE Career Builder, Inc.