CareerCast.com Offers Ways to Create "Vacation Moments" at Work
CARLSBAD, Calif. and AMSTERDAM, June 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- If a vacation this year seems elusive, there are ways to take a break at work without taking time off, according to a new report on CareerCast.com.
"Most people don't use the full vacation days they deserve for fear of repercussions from their boss, or because they prefer to cash in their vacation days rather than take the time off," says Tony Lee, publisher, CareerCast.com. "If you're stuck in the office over the summer while everyone else is on the beach, there are ways you can re-energize and feel more productive without leaving your desk."
CareerCast.com offers these tips to help you recharge this summer while on the job:
- Set the Timer – Check e-mail and respond only at certain times. By managing your schedule, you'll feel more productive and won't get sidetracked.
- Hop on the Musical Time-Machine – During your workday, listen to music from your favorite vacation spot or memory. Most radio stations stream live music online all day.
- Take a Walk – Grab a co-worker, go walking and talk about your work projects (or not).
- Say Good-Bye to Clutter – Clean off your desk and your files to feel better organized.
- Relax and Get Centered – Take 10 minutes for deep breathing and relaxation in a quiet place.
- Unplug Yourself – Leave technology at the office during your breaks.
- Network – Use downtime to catch up with old friends and colleagues.
- Be One with Nature – Eat outdoors and get some vitamin D.
- Don't Skimp at Lunch – Take the full time you're allotted to meet with friends and laugh a little.
Taking time out for our families, our sanity and ourselves is an important part of life. These mental breaks help our brains re-energize, help us to feel renewed and, in the end, be more productive. Even if you can't physically get away on vacation, find ways each day to make time for you .
CareerCast.com, created by Adicio, is a job search portal that offers extensive local, niche and national job listings from across North America, job-hunting, career-management and HR-focused content, videos and blogs, and provides recruiters with the ability to post jobs to more than 800 niche career sites. To read the full report, visit www.CareerCast.com.
More by this Source
"Final Rule" to Boost Job Market For Candidates with Disabilities
Nov 05, 2013, 06:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.