Carolinas Minority Supplier Development Council Appoints Six New Board Members In Foothills And Piedmont Regions
CHARLOTTE, N.C., May 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Carolinas Minority Supplier Development Council (CMSDC) appointed six new board members in April 2012, representing the Foothills and Piedmont regions, and three at-large positions. CMSDC board members are tasked with the responsibility of providing strategic direction for the organization, which certifies Minority Business Enterprises and connects them with corporate members seeking to enhance supplier diversity initiatives.
North and South Carolina comprise the CMSDC territory, which is divided into five Regional Advisory Committees: Foothills, Metrolina, Midlands, Piedmont and Triad. New board members include:
- Sonya Cunningham, Manager, Supplier Diversity – Greenville Hospital System (Foothills)
- Tim Catlett, President - Progressive Business Solutions (Piedmont)
- Shelton Russell, Director, Business Opportunity & Workforce Development – N.C. Department of Transportation (Piedmont)
- Gregory Chabon, Esq. - Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice LLP (At-Large)
- Diane Sumpter, President & CEO – DESA Inc. (At-Large)
- Ron Tate, Supply Chain Management – Bank of America (At-Large)
Evette Beckett-Tuggle, CMSDC president and CEO said, "We are pleased to welcome our six newest board members and place great confidence in their ability and expertise to ensure that CMSDC continues on a successful path to elevating supplier diversity in the Carolinas." To learn more about Carolinas MSDC, visit online at: www.carolinasmsdc.org or connect on Facebook at www.facebook.com/carolinas.msdc.
The Carolinas MSDC is a nonprofit corporation chartered to enhance business opportunities for minority-owned companies by providing support through developing mutually beneficial networking opportunities with corporate members and promoting minority business development.
SOURCE Carolinas Minority Supplier Development Council