Carolinas Minority Supplier Development Council Introduces New Board Members For 2013
CHARLOTTE, N.C., Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Carolinas Minority Supplier Development Council (CMSDC) elected a new slate of board members for the year 2013. The Board of Directors is a mix of corporate supplier diversity professionals and minority business owners in North and South Carolina. Twenty-one individuals make up the CMSDC board, including a 6-member executive committee. The board will be presented at the Jan. 17 CMSDC Annual Meeting.
Chiquitha Lloyd, CMSDC board chair and interim president and CEO said, "We are very appreciative of our board members for their willingness to serve. CMSDC continues to grow and expand its network because these individuals have graciously offered their leadership and guidance to the Council to continue the work of supplier diversity development and economic empowerment throughout the Carolinas."
North and South Carolina comprise the CMSDC territory, which is divided into five Regional Advisory Committees: Foothills, Metrolina, Midlands, Piedmont and Triad. The complete 2013 board roster includes:
- Chiquitha Lloyd, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools [Executive Committee, Board Chair]
- Michelle Hunt, Denny's Corporation [Executive Committee, 1st Vice Chair]
- Okeatta Brown, Wells Fargo [Executive Committee, 2nd Vice Chair]
- Sonya Cunningham, Greenville Hospital System [Executive Committee, Secretary]
- Ron Tate, Jr., Bank of America [Executive Committee, Treasurer]
- Larry Fairley, Marketing Resource Solutions [Executive Committee, MBE Input Committee Chair]
- Skyne Betha, Compass Group NAD, Foodbuy
- Tim Catlett, Progressive Business Solutions
- Gregory Chabon, Esq. - Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice LLP
- Sherrie Duncan, Duke Energy
- Geoff Foster, Core Technology Corporation
- Jim Hardy, Maxim Communications Group
- Rick Harris, RL Enterprise & Associates, LLC
- William Haygood, Global Networkers Inc.
- Karen Jones, Boeing
- Mammie Price, SCANA Corporation
- David Fitts, Glaxo Smith Kline
- Diane Sumpter, DESA Inc.
- David Wiehagen, Time Warner Cable
- Deborah Williams, Premier Inc.
- Joel Willis, BB&T
CMSDC board members are tasked with the responsibility of providing strategic direction for the organization, which certifies Minority Business Enterprises and connects them with corporate members seeking to enhance supplier diversity initiatives. To learn more about Carolinas MSDC, visit online at: www.carolinasmsdc.org or connect on Facebook at www.facebook.com/carolinas.msdc.
SOURCE Carolinas Minority Supplier Development Council
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.