MADRID, March 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
In February 2016, Next Limit Technologies announced the official release of CaronteFX, a highly integrated physically-based simulation/animation Editor Extension for Unity. The software was used extensively in the official Unity 2016 demo, the real-time rendered short film "Adam" which premiered at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco March 14-18, 2016.
CaronteFX provides the necessary tools to create high quality off-line cinematics that can be played later during the game. It is compatible with Unity 5 or higher, both Free & Pro. The core technology behind CaronteFX includes:
- High physical accuracy: The CaronteFX engine includes the most precise mesh to mesh contact algorithm, which allows it to solve highly complex problems while respecting the laws of physics.
- Highly controllable fabric simulation capable of creating light, smooth, heavy and rigid effects.
- High quality collision detection and contact response (convex and concave geometry support).
- Robust soft body simulation. Ability to convert low resolution mesh kinematics to high resolution.
- Versatile joints that can connect any kind of body: rigid/rigid, rigid/soft, rigid/static, rigid/animated, rigid/fabrics, etc. Breaking behavior and plastic deformation. Automatic modes for joint creation. Kinematic animated GameObjects support.
- Excellent quality/speed ratio. Quality settings can be adjusted by user depending on the time available.
To see the full list of features and specs, consult the CaronteFX website.
"CaronteFX is an unparalleled tool for simulating highly-accurate physics within the Unity editor. It's user-friendly interface and robust library of components make the creation of the most complex and realistic destruction and cloth effects intuitive and fast. And that's only the beginning."
-Bradley Weiers, Demo Artist at Unity
CaronteFX is now available for purchase through the Unity Asset Store.
ABOUT NEXT LIMIT
Next Limit Technologies is a software development company founded in 1998 with corporate headquarters in Madrid, Spain. Next Limit has gained a world-wide reputation for providing cutting edge simulation technologies for a broad range of applications in Computer Graphics, Science and Engineering.
Next Limit's products include RealFlow (fluid and dynamics simulation for 3D visual effects), Maxwell Render (physically accurate light simulation and render engine), XFlow (CFD software for engineering and scientific applications), and its newest addition CaronteFX (high fidelity physics for videogames). More information can be found at http://www.nextlimit.com.
Tania Vidal / Leanne Maksin
Next Limit Technologies
SOURCE Next Limit Technologies