SEATTLE, Dec. 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Cascadia Capital, LLC, an investment bank serving both private and public growth companies around the globe, today announced its predictions for 2016 across a multitude of industries including healthcare, agriculture and oil. Cascadia Capital Chairman and CEO Michael Butler postulates that oil prices will surge past $60 a barrel and gold will top $1,500 an ounce due to international political unrest.
According to Cascadia Capital's team of Managing Directors, M&A activity will surge in 2016 across various industries. In addition to Butler's hypothesis that oil and gold prices will increase, the healthcare industry is on the cusp of disruption. Consumers are changing the landscape by seeking untraditional methods of care, leading investors to take a broader approach when distributing their capital.
"At Cascadia Capital, our firm specializes in building long-term relationships and advising business owners in a broad range of industries. As we look across all sectors, it's evident that expansive change is on the horizon," said Butler. "While the strong US economy will drive M&A activity, so will increased capital in the hands of private and growth equity firms, which we'll see distributed through continued buyouts and minority equity investments."
Cascadia Capital's predictions for 2016, including predictions regarding healthcare, agriculture and oil include:
- Capital Markets and M&A Activity Surges –The U.S. economy benefits from its safe haven status and capital markets assurance. As the IPO window narrows, M&A will be the preferred liquidity event.
- The Federal Reserve Increases Interest Rates to 2.5 Percent – The FED decides the economy is strong enough to move away from a 0.75 percent fed fund interest rate and in a series of increases, moves the rate to 2.5 percent.
- Dollar Appreciates More Than 15 Percent Year-Over-Year – Economic growth in the U.S. remains stable and capital flows into the U.S. from abroad.
- Republicans Gain Control of the Presidency, Senate and House – In a rare show of bipartisanship, Republicans work with Democrats to restructure the tax code.
- Oil Rebounds and Surges Past $60 a Barrel – Turmoil in the Middle East interrupts the flow of foreign oil.
- Price of Gold Hits $1,500 per Ounce – Unrest in Europe driven by immigration, in addition to the economic and political turmoil in Asia cause investors to flock to gold driving the price above $1,500 per ounce.
- Droughts Drive up Food Prices – Food prices dramatically increase as the drought on the West Coast continues and the Midwest enters into drought conditions.
- Changes in the U.S. Primary Care System Accelerate – Increasingly data-powered and price-sensitive healthcare consumers search for ways to receive care in untraditional ways. Funding activity in the direct primary care space will increase, particularly to companies that target specific patient populations.
- China's Economy Falters – Economic and political turmoil accelerates in China, which leads to the government implementing street controls and both people and capital fleeing the country.
- Major Tech M&A Deals Threaten Apple – The technology industry sees several large mergers as market leaders seek to gain reach and economies of scale to compete against Apple.
For more information regarding Cascadia Capital, please visit: www.cascadiacapital.com.
About Cascadia Capital, LLC
Cascadia Capital is a diversified investment bank, serving both private and public growth companies around the globe. Cascadia's business is diversified in terms of the industries the firm covers and in terms of the range of advisory services it provides. Cascadia is a pure advisory firm, and unlike other investment banks, is not conflicted by trading, lending, research or cross-selling business. For over a decade, the firm has delivered the best outcomes for its clients based on transaction experience, domain expertise and commitment to building long-term relationships. Cascadia always acts in the long-term interests of clients, and honors its position as a trusted advisor. For more information, visit the firm's newly launched website at http://www.cascadiacapital.com.
Barokas PR for Cascadia Capital
SOURCE Cascadia Capital, LLC