SEDRO-WOOLLEY, Wash., June 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Consumers are increasingly seeking protein from plant-based sources such as legumes, vegetables and nuts*, with pea protein emerging as a leading option. Cascadian Farm is redefining consumer expectations with a range of organic, plant-based pea protein products. Today, Cascadian Farm launched its new Protein Granola, the first organic pea-protein granola to come to market, in two flavors—Dark Chocolate Coconut and Apple Crisp – with 10 grams of protein. The brand previously introduced Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and Honey Roasted Nut Protein Chewy Bars made with pea protein in January 2014.
"Alternative, plant-based protein sources are trending globally as consumers seek ways to incorporate more of it into their daily diets," said Taylor West, marketing manager for Cascadian Farm. "Following the January release of our Protein Chewy Bars, we're excited to give consumers even more organic protein alternatives with our two new Protein Granola varieties."
Available now at mainstream supermarkets and select natural food stores nationwide, Cascadian Farm™ Protein Granola is packaged in a resealable, easily transportable pouch, making it an ideal breakfast option or snack for families on the go. The granola is made with non-GMO organic ingredients in these flavors:
- Dark Chocolate Coconut (MSRP—$4.49)
- Ingredients: Organic whole grain oats, organic sugar, organic pea protein, organic rice, organic milk protein concentrate, organic dark chocolate chips (organic dried cane syrup, organic chocolate liquor, organic cocoa butter, organic dextrose, organic vanilla extract), organic sunflower oil, organic coconut, organic tapioca syrup, organic maltodextrin, organic molasses, organic cocoa powder, baking soda, sea salt
- Nutrition Facts: 250 calories, 8g total fat; 4g dietary fiber; 12g sugar; 10g protein
- Apple Crisp (MSRP—$4.49)
- Ingredients: Organic whole grain oats, organic sugar, organic pea protein, organic rice, organic sunflower oil, organic milk protein concentrate, organic dried apples, organic tapioca syrup, organic maltodextrin, organic molasses, organic cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt, organic nutmeg, organic vanilla extract
- Nutrition Facts: 230 calories; 5g total fat; 4g dietary fiber; 13g sugar; 10g protein
The new Protein Granola can be found on store shelves next to other Cascadian Farm products – including the Protein Chewy Bars – and natural and organic cereals. To learn more about Cascadian Farm and its full line of products, visit www.cascadianfarm.com.
ABOUT CASCADIAN FARM
Since 1972, Cascadian Farm has grown beyond its original farm and is recognized as a pioneer in the organic movement. Cascadian Farm was organic before "organic" was a trend. Since day one, the brand has been dedicated to organic goodness. Cascadian Farm offers more than 75 delicious, high-quality organic products including cereals, granolas, frozen fruits, vegetables and potatoes, fruit spreads, granola bars, juice concentrates and more.
*Source: Increased Interest in Protein (The Hartman Group)–Nov. 15, 2012
SOURCE Cascadian Farm