MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Oct. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The solutions to today's most pressing medical issues, the creation of tomorrow's next generation technologies, and the inventions of our future healthcare system will be presented and debated at the fifth-ever Exponential Medicine conference, a four-day event at the Hotel del Coronado in San Diego, CA, November 9-12, 2014.
Bringing together inventors, entrepreneurs, academics and creative intellectuals, Exponential Medicine, hosted by Singularity University, will address major medical challenges to transform and shape the next generation of healthcare.
Topics such as personalized stem cell lines, artificial intelligence, point-of-care lab-on-a-chip diagnostics, large-scale bioinformatics, 3D printing, synthetic biology, and the implications of low-cost genomics will be explored, along with their benefit to the healthcare system. These technologies will also be examined in the context of the current explosions of digital information, "big" data, and our new world of connected and distributed healthcare.
The preliminary 2014 conference program is available at: http://ExponentialMedicine.com/Schedule
Throughout the four-day conference, world-class faculty will engage with carefully curated, cross-disciplinary participants through a mix of talks, workshops, demo sessions, and startup competitions. Noted speakers include Craig Venter, PhD, Founder, J. Craig Venter Institute, CEO, Human Longevity Inc.; Daniel Kraft, MD, Founding Executive Director and Chair, Exponential Medicine and Faculty Chair for Medicine, Singularity University; and Peter Diamandis, MD, Co-founder & Executive Chairman of Singularity University and Chairman and CEO of the XPRIZE Foundation. Additional faculty members are highlighted below:
- Laura Esserman, MD: Director, UCSF Carol Franc Buck Breast Care Center
- Cigall Kadoch, PhD: Assistant Professor, Pediatric Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School
- Isaac Kohane, MD: Co-Director, Center for Biomedical Informatics at Harvard Medical School
- Marty Kohn, MD: Chief Medical Scientist, Jointly Health; Chief Medical Scientist, IBM
- Ray Kurzweil: Director of Engineering at Google, Co-founder & Chancellor of Singularity University, Inventor, Futurist, Author
- John Mattison, MD: Chief Medical Information Officer, Kaiser-Permanente
- Catherine Mohr, MD: Director of Medical Research, Intuitive Surgical
- Jeffrey Olgin, MD: Chief, Division of Cardiology Co-Director, Heart and Vascular Center UCSF. Director, Health eHeart Study
- Alan Russell, PhD: Director, Disruptive Health Technology Institute at Carnegie Mellon University, Founding Director, McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh
- Evan Snyder, MD, PhD: Professor and Program Director of Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine at the Burnham Institute for Medical Research
- Tony Young, MBBS, PhD: Director of Medical Innovation, National Health Service (NHS), England
To see the full faculty list, please visit: http://exponential.singularityu.org/medicine/november-2014-faculty/
Media are invited to be a part of this event. If interested, please register below: http://ExponentialMedicine.com/press.
Additionally, space is still available for those interested in participating as an attendee. Apply at: http://ExponentialMedicine.com/Apply.
November 9-12, 2014
Hotel del Coronado
1500 Orange Ave
Coronado, CA 92118
Follow us on Twitter: @exponentialmed and #xmed
About Singularity University
Singularity University (SU) is a benefit corporation headquartered at NASA Research Park in Silicon Valley. SU provides educational programs, innovative partnerships and a business accelerator to help individuals, businesses, institutions, investors, NGOs and governments understand cutting-edge technologies and how to utilize these technologies to positively impact billions of people. From our inception in 2008, SU has empowered individuals from more than 85 countries to apply exponentially growing technologies to address humanity's grand challenges. SU's Founding Corporate Partners include Genentech, Autodesk, Cisco, ePlanet Ventures, Google, Kauffman Foundation and Nokia. To learn more, visit singularityu.org.
SOURCE Singularity University