MINNEAPOLIS, March 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 6,500 culinary and event professionals gathered at Catersource and Event Solutions' annual Conference & Tradeshow (CSES2016) in Las Vegas earlier this month. From March 13-16, Catersource hosted hundreds of educational sessions, plus a showcase of more than 400 top industry vendors – many launching new products and services.
Highlights of CSES2016 included:
- Celebrity chefs and event planners engaged industry professionals with inspirational stories and actionable business advice from their own lessons learned. Featured speakers included renowned event designer David Beahm, Food Network's Simon Majumdar, and former Disney University trainer Doug Lipp.
- Live contests and demonstrations on the Tradeshow floor showcased industry creativity. The Tasting Bar featured an elimination-style cocktail competition, while an audience gathered at the AFR Design Stage to cheer on two competitive designers as they each styled an event space from scratch.
- An industry awards celebration, POPalooza!, recognized top talent and honored winners across three awards programs: International Caterers Association's (ICA) Catered Arts Through Innovative Excellence (CATIE) Awards, Catersource's Achievement in Catering Excellence (ACE) Awards, and Event Solutions' Spotlight Awards.
- A range of special events, including The 5 @ Tao Elemental Monday Night Event, brought industry trends to life. The Monday night party at Tao Nightclub featured specialty cocktails, new food and station concepts, and electric entertainment.
To see more news from CSES2016, visit: catersource.com
What's Next? On the heels of its successful 2016 show in Las Vegas, Catersource announces exciting news around two upcoming events:
Catersource's 25th Anniversary Conference & Tradeshow Moves to New Orleans: To mark the event's 25th anniversary in 2017, Catersource will go back to its roots at the birthplace of the esteemed Conference: New Orleans. As creativity lives across the city's cuisine, culture, and entertainment, New Orleans provides a perfect platform for catering professionals to discover new ingredients and ideas for live events.
- Save the Date: March 12-15, 2017
The Art of Catering Food 2016 Rolls into Washington DC this August: In a new locale each year, the annual Art of Catering Food (AOCF) conference provides top-notch culinary training for the catering industry. This August, world-class caterers will gather in our Nation's capital to sample, taste, and experience food in a unique and intimate setting. Produced by Catersource magazine and the International Caterers Association (ICA), and developed with the help of the ICA Culinary Council, the conference will inspire menus, teach chefs and kitchen staff new techniques, explore new trends, and improve catering kitchens overall.
- Save the Date: August 15-17, 2016
Catersource and Event Solutions Conference & Tradeshow is the world's premier event for catering and event professionals. The 2016 event welcomed thousands of attendees from around the globe March 13-16, 2016 at The Mirage and the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV. For news about upcoming conferences, visit Catersource.com.
Follow Catersource and Event Solutions
- Facebook: facebook.com/Catersource
- Twitter: twitter.com/catersource_llc with official hashtag #CSES2016
About Catersource and Event Solutions
Catersource is the world's premier resource dedicated to the education and growth of catering and event professionals. Catersource provides the most expansive network relevant to the catering and events business, producing in-depth educational offerings at the largest industry conference and tradeshow. Catersource magazine, an award-winning B2B resource for industry professionals who are passionate about their businesses is published seven times a year and provides rich editorial content online. For more information, visit catersource.com. Catersource is organized by UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc (UBM.L), an Events First marketing and communications services business. For more information, visit ubmamericas.com.
Catersource and Event Solutions PR
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/catersource-and-event-solutions-conference--tradeshow-2016-wraps-up-a-week-in-las-vegas-announces-dates-for-25th-anniversary-event-in-new-orleans-300240070.html
SOURCE Catersource and Event Solutions