CATV Infrastructure Amplifier Market will reach $225 Million, says Strategy Analytics Data demand and new architectures will drive growth
CATV Infrastructure Amplifier Market will reach $225 Million, says Strategy Analytics
Data demand and new architectures will drive growth
BOSTON, March 4, 2014
BOSTON, March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- With CATV and broadband services becoming integral parts of service providers bundles, network infrastructure is evolving rapidly to keep up with growing demand. The Strategy Analytics GaAs and Compound Semiconductor Technology (GaAs) service forecast and data model describes trends and forecasts for semiconductor-based amplifier building blocks used in the evolution of hybrid fiber coax (HFC) and fiber-based networks.
- To keep up with data increases, the number of homes served per node will decrease. This will increase the number of nodes and node amplifiers.
- Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) will remain the technology of choice for the amplifier building blocks, but gallium nitride (GaN) will see the fastest growth
- The size of the population, along with aggressive efforts to deploy CATV and broadband services will propel the Asia-Pacific region to account for more than 50 percent of the revenue generated by the amplifier building blocks
- The new features allowed by the DOCSIS 3.1specification will enable the HFC network to evolve to meet the growing data and services demand.
"Driving fiber deeper into networks stands as a competitive threat for semiconductor-based amplifier building blocks," observed Eric Higham, Director of the GaAs service. "The recent ratification of the DOCSIS 3.1 specification, which allows more bandwidth, different upstream and downstream frequency splits and more efficient data transmission will ensure that the HFC network architecture keeps pace with consumer demands."
"This segment was one of the first commercial markets to adopt GaN technology," added Asif Anwar, Director for ADS. "While GaAs will still figure prominently, the performance advantages of GaN will make this the fastest growing technology for the amplifier building blocks."
The CATV infrastructure amplifier building block forecast and data model details the market outlook for various amplifier building blocks used in different locations in the network architecture. It also segments shipments by function, process technology and geography. For further details, see:
- CATV Infrastructure Amplifier Market: 2013 - 2018 https://www.strategyanalytics.com/default.aspx?mod=reportabstractviewer&a0=9411
- CATV Infrastructure Amplifier Market Forecast: 2013-2018 https://www.strategyanalytics.com/default.aspx?mod=reportabstractviewer&a0=9417
About Strategy Analytics
Strategy Analytics, Inc. provides the competitive edge with advisory services, market research, consulting and actionable market intelligence for emerging technology, mobile and wireless, digital consumer and automotive electronics companies. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, Strategy Analytics delivers insights for enterprise success. www.StrategyAnalytics.com
SOURCE Strategy Analytics