SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for enterprise and cloud data centers, today unveiled QLogic FastLinQ adapters for Open Compute Project (OCP) servers along with a rich suite of management software. The new line of adapters allows Cavium to extend its reach to the growing number of OCP servers being deployed at hyperscale and cloud service providers.
"New 25GbE technology is expected to displace 10GbE as the standard for server connectivity in the data center. By adding OCP adapters to their portfolio, Cavium expands its ability to address the fastest growing segment of the market, cloud service providers," said Frank Berry, Senior Analyst, IT Brand Pulse.
"QLogic FastLinQ OCP adapters are designed from the ground up for software defined data centers where server connectivity has become critically important," said Rajneesh Gaur, general manager and vice president of Ethernet Adapter Group, Cavium. "QLogic FastLinQ Ethernet adapters bring higher bandwidth, lower latency, and offload a long list of networking protocols so that cloud service providers can preserve server resources for workloads that generate revenue."
Cavium QLogic FastLinQ QL34512 Adapters
Designed to accelerate Network Virtualization workloads, the FastLinQ QL34512 adapter delivers intelligent offloads for NVGRE, VxLAN and GENEVE tunneling protocols, providing an innovative solution delivering flexibility and cost savings for next generation enterprise, hyperscale CSP, tier 2/3 CSP, and telco data centers. The 10Gb version QL34152HOCU is available today and the 25Gb version scheduled for release in early 2017.
The FastLinQ OCP Ethernet Adapter provides the following key capabilities:
- Accelerates Server Performance: Boosts network performance with full line-rate throughput across both ports, optimizes infrastructure costs and increases virtual machine density by leveraging in-built technologies like SR-IOV and Network Partitioning (NPAR) that deliver acceleration and QoS for tenant workloads and infrastructure traffic.
- Network Virtualization Offloads – Acceleration for Network Virtualization by offloading protocol processing for VxLAN, NVGRE, GRE and GENEVE, enabling customers to build and scale virtualized networks without impacting network performance.
- Comprehensive Management – Single pane of glass, web-based and distributed adapter management solution with QConvergeConsole® (QCC) available across heterogeneous platforms and OSes, automates and simplifies the deployment and orchestration of physical and virtual infrastructure.
- OpenStack Integration: Cavium QLogic technologies like the Plug-in for Mirantis® Fuel for automatic SR-IOV configuration across multiple OpenStack nodes, QCC driven OpenStack physical and logical topology maps and the ability to deliver QoS for network functions enable hyperscale deployments with Cavium QLogic Ethernet NICs to be accelerated with OpenStack.
- Industry's Most Comprehensive Network Adapter portfolio – Cavium as a company offers the broadest set of Ethernet networking adapters - FastLinQ™ Standard Ethernet Adapters, Converged Networking Adapters and LiquidIO™ Intelligent NICs that cover the entire spectrum of customer Ethernet connectivity and offload requirements.
The OCP is creating a set of technologies that are disaggregated and fully open, allowing for rapid innovation in the data center. The OCP aims to facilitate the development of network hardware and software – together with trusted project validation and testing – in a truly open and collaborative community environment. The OCP project was initiated by Facebook and is now a widely accepted standard.
Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software compatible processors ranging in performance from 1Gbps to 100Gbp that enable secure, intelligent functionality in Enterprise, Data Center, Broadband, Mobile and Service Provider Equipment, highly programmable switches which scale to 3.2Tbps and Ethernet and Fibre Channel adapters up to 100Gbps. Cavium processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tools and application support, hardware reference designs and other products. Cavium is headquartered in San Jose, CA with design centers in California, Massachusetts, India, Israel, China and Taiwan.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cavium-introduces-1025gbe-adapter-family-for-open-compute-project-servers-300353878.html
SOURCE Cavium, Inc.