Cavium to Demonstrate Innovative Mobile Infrastructure Solutions for Next Generation Radio Access, Core Network, and Wireless Display Manufacturers at Mobile World Congress
PACE Partners Advantech, Emerson, Kontron and Radisys to display market-leading Cavium-based software and hardware solutions
SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications and the digital home, today announced that Cavium and its PACE partners will demonstrate innovative mobile infrastructure solutions for next-generation Radio Access, Core Network and Wireless Display applications based upon OCTEON®, OCTEON Fusion®, PureVu® and TurboDPI™ II software at Mobile World Congress, to be held February 25-28, 2013 in Barcelona.
Providers of next-generation networks continue to be challenged to handle the explosive increase in traffic because of the fast adoption of cloud technology and mobile broadband, as well as increased exchange of multimedia and video rich content. Higher traffic coupled with the need for intelligent application-aware and secure processing has shifted the bottleneck for L3 – L7 data and security services to CPU processing that requires an unprecedented level of 64-bit CPU GHz processing power and dedicated hardware acceleration. According to the Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI), global mobile data traffic grew 70% in 2012 is expected to exceed 10 Exabytes per month by 2017.
Cavium's OCTEON MIPS64® processors are used in routers, switches, unified threat management (UTM) appliances, wireless LAN controllers and access points, storage switches, triple-play broadband gateways, intelligent network adaptors, 3G, 4G, WiMAX, and LTE wireless femto cells, base stations and gateways.
Cavium's OCTEON Fusion MIPS64 processors deliver breakthrough capacity and throughput for LTE small cell base stations, including micro, pico and enterprise femto base stations, through a high performance multi-core architecture with purpose-built Baseband DSP cores, extensive LTE hardware accelerators and digital front end in a single chip.
Cavium's PureVu Video ARM®-based processors support OEMs and ODMs developing wireless display solutions for smartphones, tablets, notebook PCs, TVs, monitors, set top boxes, and media players.
Cavium TurboDPI™ software will allow TEMs to quickly deploy network element designs for 4G LTE and carrier cloud-based services that require high performance deep pack inspection processing of the ever growing volume of mobile data.
Cavium's NEURON Search™ processors provide high performance and low power L2-L4 network search for enterprise and service provider infrastructure equipment.
During Mobile World Congress Cavium will display the following products in Hall 2 meeting room 2A120:
- OCTEON® Multicore Processors for high–performance, low cost common platform 3G/ LTE base stations and core network equipment
- Cavium will illustrate how TEMs can build a 3 Terabit DPI Platform using OCTEON II CN68XX 32–core MIPS64 processors (winner of The Linley Group "Best Embedded Processor" Award) and Cavium's market–leading TurboDPI Application Software suite
- Full disclosure of next generation OCTEON III Processor for MacroBTS, CloudRAN and EPC
- OCTEON® Fusion fully–integrated SoCs for highly–scalable carrier class small cell
- Live demonstration of LTE Small cell platform using Cavium's OCTEON Fusion CNF71XX and FusionStack, Cavium's LTE Software suite, to achieve the world's highest small cell performance
- PureVu™ highly Integrated media SoCs ideal for universal wireless display TV adapter, OTT Thin client, and integrated module designs optimized for handsets and tablets
- Live demonstration of Cavium's USB–powered Tiga-Media-Stick reference design, which plugs directly into the TV, supporting full HD wireless display and live media streaming from mobile devices.
- Live demonstration of FreeOTT's thin client box in a small form factor for accessing Free Over-the-Top content
- TurboDPI™ II offers nine production-ready DPI Modules Including Inspection, Extraction and Insertion for Enterprise, Cloud, Data Center, 3G/4G/LTE Wireless Equipment Manufacturers
- Live demonstration of protocol detection and application recognition at 80Gbps on ATCA blade and 10Gbps on integrated DPI appliance.
- Cavium's PACE partners offer extensive software and hardware solutions which complement Cavium processors. Partners demonstrating their offerings at Mobile World Congress include Advantech, Emerson, Kontron, and Radisys.
To schedule a meeting with Cavium at the Mobile World Conference contact your local Cavium account manager or Lilly Ly (email@example.com). Please enter "Mobile World Congress 2013 Meeting Request" in the subject line.
Cavium is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing in networking, communications and the digital home. Cavium offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software compatible processors ranging in performance from 10 Mbps to over 100 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access & service provider equipment. Cavium's processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium's principal offices are in San Jose, California with design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India and China. For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com
SOURCE Cavium, Inc.
More by this Source
Cavium Announces Financial Results for Q3 2013
Oct 30, 2013, 16:01 ET
Cavium's Thunder is First 64-bit ARMv8 Processor Supported in Ubuntu Server 13.10
Oct 29, 2013, 08:32 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.