ARLINGTON, Va., June 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- CEB (NYSE: CEB), a best practice insight and technology company, recently held its annual Global Impact Week in which nearly 4,000 staff provided support to charitable organizations in 87 cities spanning 29 countries around the world. As part of the enterprise-wide community service program, CEB employees collectively dedicated approximately 18,500 volunteer hours throughout the week.
"CEB believes strongly in investing and committing to serve the communities where we live and work," said Jerry Sorkin, head of CEB's Global Corporate Citizenship. "Every year that investment grows and we are overjoyed by the positive change our efforts bring about – from cleaning local parks and recreational areas, to providing insights and expertise to help solve management challenges for non-profit organizations. This week of service represents an important component of our company's values and our overall citizenship efforts."
A highlight of the week this year was the company's service in Portland, OR, a new community in the CEB portfolio following the acquisition of Evanta. A team of more than 140 employees, including CEB's CEO Tom Monahan, worked with SOLVE to beautify and revitalize a stretch of the Willamette River to help prevent litter from threatening local wildlife.
In addition to service projects in CEB's local communities, 10 employees were selected to participate in the company's weeklong fellowship program in Lima, Peru. In partnership with Cross Cultural Solutions, the group of fellows representing CEB in Peru helped support and revitalize the Martincitos community.
"The opportunity to travel to Lima, Peru, to participate in a week of service with nine of my CEB colleagues from around the world was one of the most positive and unique experiences of my career," said Steve Altschul, market director, CEB. "We bonded as a team, while spending our days painting, preparing and serving meals and building relationships with the 'abuelitos' (seniors) at the Los Martincitos center. It truly was an impactful experience for everyone involved!"
A sampling of the non-profit organizations involved in the 2016 Global Impact Week include:
- Taproot Foundation makes business talent available to organizations working to improve society by leading, mobilizing and engaging professionals in pro-bono service that drives social change. (Washington, D.C.)
- The Friends of the Children's Hospital Association provides non-medical support to patients, their parents and caregivers at the Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital. (Cape Town, South Africa)
- SPARK strengthens local communities by helping underserved youth become motivated learners and connected community members, and by encouraging adults to nurture the next generation through mentoring and volunteerism. (San Francisco, CA)
- Special Olympics International provides opportunities for people with an intellectual disability to achieve their personal best through weekly sports training and regular competition in local communities. (Sydney & Washington, D.C.)
- Hackney Foodbank works with local churches and community groups in London to provide food donations and other means of support to help fight hunger. (London)
- Casa Central, the largest Hispanic social service agency in the Midwest, provides comprehensive, family-centered programming to the Hispanic community. (Chicago)
Global Impact Week is central to CEB's corporate culture, representing its core value of Spirit of Generosity. Another main focus of CEB's philanthropic efforts is providing pro bono services to organizations around the world. Over the past several years, the company has provided millions of dollars of pro bono value to organizations in the communities in which it operates. As part of CEB's 100% Promise, the company plans to dedicate support to 100 organizations in 2016.
Visit us online for more information on CEB's corporate citizenship efforts.
CEB is a best practice insight and technology company. In partnership with leading organizations around the globe, we develop innovative solutions to drive corporate performance. CEB equips leaders at more than 10,000 companies with the intelligence to effectively manage talent, customers, and operations. CEB is a trusted partner to nearly 90% of the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100, and more than 70% of the Dow Jones Asian Titans. More at cebglobal.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ceb-employees-advance-missions-of-nearly-200-non-profits-worldwide-during-global-impact-week-300277561.html