CEB Global Day of Service Results in Immediate Impact on 75 Charities in 45 Cities Across the Country and Around the World More than 2500 CEB staff in 19 Countries Bring Company's Spirit of Generosity to Communities in Need
ARLINGTON, Va., May 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CEB (NYSE: CEB), the leading member-based advisory company, held its largest-ever Global Service Day with more than 2,500 staff volunteering to benefit 75 charitable organizations in 19 countries around the world. CEB staff served the needs of their local communities in 45 cities from Sydney and Shanghai to London, Chicago and Washington, DC.
The dedicated day of service brought the company's Spirit of Generosity – a core CEB value—to life in the communities where the company's employees live and work. CEB volunteers rehabilitated garden space for a school outside of London, helped clean up the San Francisco Bay, packed hundreds of food parcels in Cape Town and provided pro-bono business consulting services for non-profit organizations looking to expand in Washington, DC.
CEB's Global Service Day represents one important component of the company's philanthropic efforts. For more than 30 years, CEB and its staff have donated millions of dollars in financial and in-kind resources dedicated to promoting community building and enabling innovation and entrepreneurship in the public sector.
"Global Service Day provides the opportunity to demonstrate the sheer scope of what we are capable of as a company across geographies and business lines. This year we have more staff working on more projects in more cities than ever before. The breadth of impact and Spirit of Generosity is pervasive in all that we do as a company from who we hire to how we operate as one firm," said Tom Monahan, CEB Chairman and CEO. "Through our work in 19 countries and with more than 75 organizations, Global Service Day enables us to bring positive social change and make a meaningful impact where our employees and business partners live and work."
This year CEB partnered with 75 charitable organizations, including:
- American Red Cross provides compassionate care to people in need and trained CEB staff as disaster responders in its "Ready When the Time Comes" program. (Washington, DC)
- Smithsonian National Zoological Park comprises a 163-acre zoological park home to 2,000 individual animals of nearly 400 different species. (Washington, DC)
- City Year unites young people to keep students in school and on track to graduation. (Chicago, Ill.)
- The Happy School serves the impoverished local population in Gurgaon. (Gurgaon, Haryana, India)
- Variety NSW: The Children's Charity aims to empower children who are sick, disadvantaged or have special needs to encourage independence and increase self-esteem.(Sydney, Australia)
- Feed My Starving Children strives to eliminate starvation in children throughout the world. (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Shanghai Bo Ai Children's Welfare Home provides a safe and thriving home environment for children in need. (Shanghai, China)
- TimeBank tackles social issues, focusing on mentoring and youth-led volunteering at schools, parks and community organizations. (London, UK)
CEB is the leading member-based advisory company. By combining the best practices of thousands of member companies with our advanced research methodologies and human capital analytics, we equip senior leaders and their teams with insight and actionable solutions to transform operations. This distinctive approach, pioneered by CEB, enables executives to harness peer perspectives and tap into breakthrough innovation without costly consulting or reinvention. The CEB member network includes more than 16,000 executives and the majority of top companies globally.