CECO Environmental Announces Leadership Enhancements
CINCINNATI, March 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CECO Environmental Corp. (NasdaqGM:CECE), a leading global environmental technology company focused on critical solutions in the air pollution control (APC), energy and fluid handling and filtration industries, today announced a number of executive changes and promotions.
Neal Murphy, the Company's Chief Financial Officer, will be resigning to pursue another opportunity and Ed Prajzner, our current Vice President of Finance and Chief Accounting Officer, will become Chief Financial Officer.
Jeff Lang, CECO's Chief Executive Officer, commented, "We thank Neal for his leadership during the company's merger transition. He has been integral to the CECO Met-Pro merger and played a critical role in the successful integration of the two companies. The CECO Met-Pro merger was a transformative event for our company and Neal's contribution was significant. The integration is complete and we are running as one strong larger company and the merger was a success. We truly wish Neal the absolute best in his new role."
Mr. Lang continued, "We have made great strides in building out and expanding our senior leadership team to support growth and global expansion which is the key foundation for our company's future. Ed joined CECO Environmental as part of the Met-Pro merger and is one of several key individuals who are now part of our leadership team as a result of recent acquisitions. Ed joined Met-Pro two years ago as part of their long term CFO leadership succession plan. We are now very excited to have Ed transition smoothly into this important executive leadership role while we continue moving forward in building our business."
As previously announced, the CECO organization is transitioning into three strategic segments comprised of Air Pollution Control, Energy, and Fluid Handling and Filtration. In order to accommodate this structural change, the Company has made a number of internal promotions as well as a key addition to our Asian operations.
- Ed Prajzner, CECO's current Chief Accounting Officer and Vice President of Finance, is being promoted to Chief Financial Officer effective with Neal's departure. Prior to the Met-Pro acquisition, Mr. Prajzner served as Chief Accounting Officer and Corporate Controller for Met-Pro. He also served as Senior Vice President and Corporate Controller for CDI Corporation, a $1 billion engineering and staffing services company as well as Corporate Controller for American Infrastructure, a $500 million construction company.
- Gennaro D'Alterio was recently promoted to President of CECO's Fluid Handling and Filtration business segment. Prior to becoming a part of CECO with the Met-Pro acquisition, Mr. D'Alterio served as the Vice President and General Manager for the Global Pump Solutions and Keystone Filters divisions of Met-Pro.
- Brent Becker recently joined CECO as President of Asia. Prior to joining the Company, Mr. Becker served as the President of Curtis-Toledo Inc., a Fusheng Industrial Company. Prior to that, he spent many years at Ingersoll Rand where he held senior regional, national and international positions including responsibility for global product portfolio growth. Brent's experience in sales, marketing and business development will help drive the continued growth and success of CECO China and the overall Asian operations.
- Benton Cook, in addition to his current role as Corporate Controller, is being promoted to Vice President of Finance. Mr. Cook has served the Company in various key financial leadership roles over the past eleven years.
- Ray Smith is being promoted to Divisional Controller for CECO's Air Pollution Control (APC) technology segment. Mr. Smith has served in various financial planning/analysis and accounting leadership roles for Met-Pro Corporation over the past fifteen years.
- Chris Keep is being promoted to Divisional Controller for CECO's Fluid Handling/Filtration business segment. Mr. Keep has served in various accounting and finance roles for Met-Pro Corporation since 2003 and most recently was the Controller for the Global Pump Solutions business.
"We are very pleased with these senior leadership promotions and hiring that we have recently completed," commented Jeff Lang. "Since joining the company as CEO over four years ago, we have been working hard to build a strong team of people that has included the development of internal resources as well as bringing in the best talent from the outside and through acquisitions. We are continuing to build a world-class organization at CECO and I look forward to working with my team in their new positions."
ABOUT CECO ENVIRONMENTAL
CECO Environmental is a leading global environmental technology company focused on critical solutions in the product recovery, air pollution control, fluid handling and filtration segments. Through its well-known brands, CECO provides a wide spectrum of products and services including dampers & diverters, cyclonic technology, thermal oxidizers, filtration systems, scrubbers, fluid handling equipment and plant engineered services and engineered design build fabrication. These products play a vital role in helping companies achieve exacting production standards, meeting increasing plant needs and stringent emissions control regulations around the globe. CECO globally serves the broadest range of markets and industries including power, municipalities, chemical, industrial manufacturing, refining, petrochemical, metals, minerals & mining, hospitals and universities. CECO is focused on building long-term shareholder value by bringing its unique technology, portfolio and operational excellence to strategic key growth markets around the world, while maintaining the highest standards of employee development, project execution and safety leadership. CECO is listed on NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CECE" and is a member company of the Russell 2000 Index. For more information on CECO Environmental, please visit the company's website at http://www.cecoenviro.com.
Jeff Lang, Chief Executive Officer
The Blueshirt Group
Phone: (415) 489-2198
This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions. These risks and uncertainties, which are more fully described in CECO's Annual and Quarterly Reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, include changes in market conditions in the industries in which the Company operates. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should the assumption prove incorrect, actual results may vary in material aspects from those currently anticipated.
SOURCE CECO Environmental Corp.