Cedar Point continues American tradition with weeklong July 4 celebration
SANDUSKY, Ohio, June 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Celebrating the Fourth of July at Cedar Point is a long-standing tradition that's as American as apple pie. Starting this Sunday, July 1, guests can enjoy a whole week of festivities that include special deals, picnics, fireworks, a star performer and extended hours so they can spend even more time on their favorite coasters!
- Kick-start your savings by signing up for a season pass you can pay for in three payments as low as $36.66! The season pass installment plan is available online only at cedarpoint.com and ends Monday, July 2.
- During Cedar Point's Tribute to the Armed Forces July 1- 4, any active, retired, or honorably-discharged member of the U.S. Armed Forces who presents a valid form of military identification can receive one free regular admission ticket to the park or Soak City. Their immediate family members can also purchase discounted tickets at the regular military rate of $36.99, saving $15.
- Need a break from all the action? Families who want to enjoy a home-style meal without cooking can stop by Picnic at the Point, an all-you-can-eat buffet meal served in the Coral Courtyard from 4:30-6 p.m. on July 1-4. The menu will include fried chicken, hot dogs, Johnsonville brats, potato salad, baked beans, baked rigatoni, cookies, ice cream, and ice-cold Pepsi beverages. Tickets can be purchased online or at any ticket booth.
- From July 4-8, guests can also bite into juicy Johnsonville brats hot off the Big Taste Grill, with deals throughout the day. Stop by to watch the Grill Master in action!
- On Monday, July 2, the 126 Army Band of the Michigan National Guard will greet guests with a musical tribute at 9:30 a.m. outside Johnny Rockets. They'll perform again at 1 p.m. that day in Celebration Plaza, near the Luminosity stage.
- To keep the excitement going, the park will be open until midnight on Wednesday, July 4, and Saturday, July 7. In addition to the nightly fireworks lighting up Cedar Point's new Celebration Plaza, the park will launch a spectacular fireworks show at 10:30 p.m. July 4.
- On Saturday, July 7, Cedar Point will welcome Vancouver's Carly Rae Jepsen to perform her infectious pop hit, "Call Me Maybe," and other songs at 7 p.m. on the Luminosity stage in Celebration Plaza. Jepsen's song has climbed to the No. 1 spot on the iTunes chart, and her music video has garnered more than 100 million views on YouTube.
The ultimate vacation destination
Cedar Point has always been known as a great destination for travelers and families, but the park recently gained added recognition from two industry leaders. TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel review website, awarded Cedar Point and Soak City a certificate of excellence for consistently receiving exceptional ratings from guests. TripAdvisor's websites have more than 50 million monthly visitors and more than 60 million reviews.
Also this season, a USA Today ranking of the country's top beaches recognized Cedar Point Beach as the best in Ohio for its mile-long stretch of white sand along Lake Erie. Guests who stay at the historic Hotel Breakers, Sandcastle Suites, Lighthouse Point and Camper Village enjoy beachfront access as well as early entry to the park and $32 regular adult admission, saving $20 per ticket!
Cedar Point opened for its 143rd summer on Saturday, May 12 and will be open daily through Labor Day, Sept. 3, plus Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays, Sept. 7 through Oct. 28. For a complete operating calendar and more information about the 2012 operating season, guests can log on to www.cedarpoint.com or call the park's general information line at (419) 627-2350.
SOURCE Cedar Point
More by this Source
Cedar Point Hiring Thousands For 2013 Season
Feb 04, 2013, 13:33 ET
Cedar Point Opens May 11 With New Wing Roller Coaster
May 06, 2013, 09:53 ET
Cedar Point Completes Track For New Wing Coaster
Feb 27, 2013, 18:09 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.