Celebrate the Nation's Birthday with a Fun Summer Trip - Getaroom.com Shares Ten Expert Tips for Independence Day Travel
Getaroom.com Features Unpublished Rates to Help Travelers Enjoy the Fourth of July in Style
MIAMI, June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Getaroom.com, a leading online discount hotel stay company, released today a top 10 list of destinations and tips for travelers who want to take a fun and cost-effective trip to celebrate Independence Day.
- Stay in Las Vegas to celebrate in a city that could only be found in America. This year's Fourth of July is on a Thursday, so consider staying mid-week for very low rates. Fireworks and neon lights go well together!
- Book as soon as possible to get the best rates. Hotel prices will likely rise near the end of June. Snag an unpublished rate at getaroom.com and save another typically 10-20% off the lowest online rates.
- Consider staying at a boutique hotel that is independent of larger chains. These properties often have better pricing and may work harder to give you extra value such as free breakfasts or other perks.
- To entice travelers, many hotels are now offering lower non-refundable rates. If you are certain you're holiday trip is happening, then book the rate and spend the savings on some fireworks (where allowed by law of course!)
- Boston is a quintessential town to visit during Independence Day due to its storied history. Many great hotels are available for less than $200 a night that put you near the Boston Tea Party site and the Freedom Trail.
- Make not paying hotel Wi-Fi charges your own patriotic duty. These fees can be upwards of $25 a day. Setup your own hotspot or simply choose a hotel that offers free service.
- Traveling with the munchkins on the Fourth? Always ask your hotel about different amenities for the little ones. Having toys, a pool, and even a dedicated kid's club can be the difference between you being able to relax or constantly handling cranky kids.
- Look at the outskirts of the main destination in order to save big bucks. Instead of staying in Miami, go to Fort Lauderdale where rates are consistently cheaper.
- Head to the steamy south and enjoy authentic food in New Orleans. Hotels such as the Chateau Dupree in the French Quarter can be booked for close to $100 a night.
- Save hundreds of dollars a night in NYC at the trendy Jane hotel. Enjoy a private room and shared bath at a price one third of the typical hotel.
Independence Day is a time for celebration and getting out on the road is a great way to experience all that the United States has to offer. By following these tips and booking through Getaroom.com, savvy travelers can find the right destination while saving hundreds on their reservation.
For more great hotel deals for the 4th, visit www.getaroom.com.
Getaroom.com provides travelers a state-of-the-art lodging website (www.getaroom.com) which offers travelers the lowest hotel rates on the Internet. Clients calling its toll-free call center at 800-HOTELS-8 (800-468-3578) can also receive the benefits of unpublished pricing, with hotel rates typically 10 to 20 percent less than published rates on its site and other internet sites and as much as 50 percent less. There is full disclosure about the property at time of booking including the hotel name and exact location. Getaroom.com offers accommodations at national chain and independent boutique properties in major destinations in the U.S. and Europe.
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.