Celebrating 20 Editions of MONOPOLY® Game at McDonald's - The Tradition Continues With One in Four Wins* Anyone can win the 2012 MONOPOLY Game at McDonald's with over 135 million winning Game Pieces
OAK BROOK, Ill., Sept. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The MONOPOLY® Game at McDonald's is back for the 20th edition in nearly 14,000 U.S. restaurants, bringing with it one-in-four odds of winning*, multiple ways to play and more than $300 million in cash and great prizes. The excitement begins in restaurants tomorrow, September 25, and continues in-stores until October 22 and online at www.playatmcd.com until 11:59:50 p.m. on November 3, 2012.
The 2012 MONOPOLY® Game Pieces can be found on menu favorites including:
- Big Mac, Filet-O-Fish, 10 and 20-piece Chicken McNuggets and Large Fries
- Medium (16 oz.) and large (22 oz.) McCafe Iced and Blended Beverages (including 32 oz. Large Iced Coffee) and medium (21 oz.) fountain drinks
- Oatmeal, Hash Browns, Egg McMuffin and Sausage McMuffin with Egg (excludes Sausage McMuffin)
Cash prizes ranging from $50 to $1 million^, 30 all-new 2013 FIAT® vehicles, Delta Vacations trips for two, Redbox® movie rentals, Beaches® Resorts Luxury Included® Vacations to Turks & Caicos or Jamaica and EA SPORTS™ Fan Trip Championship Get-A-Ways for two along with tasty McDonald's menu items and many more prizes are all up for grabs.
"The 20th edition of the MONOPOLY® Game at McDonald's is the biggest ever!" said Douglas Freeland, director of marketing, McDonald's U.S. "And with over $300 million in cash and prizes and one in four odds, everyone can play to win."
Multiple Ways to Play and Win the 2012 MONOPOLY Game at McDonald's
- In-restaurants: The 2012 MONOPOLY Game at McDonald's is available at participating McDonald's restaurants in the U.S. from September 25 through October 22, or while supplies last. Players can peel game pieces from select menu items to collect property sets for a chance to win one of twenty 2013 FIAT vehicles, cash rewards up to $1 million^ and many other exciting prizes.
- In-restaurants Instant Win: Players can peel game pieces from select menu items to instantly win prizes including McDonald's menu items, $50 - $25,000 cash, 2013 FIAT 500 vehicles, Redbox® movie rentals and the new MONOPOLY MILLIONAIRES game from Hasbro, where the first player to a MILLION wins.
- Online Instant Win: Each MONOPOLY Game Stamp contains a unique Game Code valid for one online game play for another chance to instantly win one of over a million incredible prizes.
- Online Sweepstakes: From September 25 through November 3, players can enter McDonald's game piece codes at www.playatmcd.com to receive a virtual house. Each virtual house can be used to enter into one of three Online Sweepstakes prize drawings including: $10,000 cash, A Beaches Resorts Luxury Included® Family Vacation to Jamaica or Turks and Caicos, or a trip for four to a Men's National Team World Cup Qualifying match plus $5,000 spending money. Players that have accumulated 4 virtual houses will additionally receive one virtual hotel entry which equals an entry into the Grand Prize Sweepstakes for the chance to win an all-new 2013 FIAT® 500 Hatchback.
The MONOPOLY Game at McDonald's is open to residents of the U.S., Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico and Saipan. The Online Game is open to residents of the U.S. and Puerto Rico. For complete details and Official Game Rules, visit www.playatmcd.com.
Customers are invited to join the conversation about the 2012 MONOPOLY Game at McDonald's online by following McDonald's Facebook page and @McDonalds on Twitter where fans can also track #McDMonopoly to learn fun facts about the game, hear when other players win and have a chance at winning prizes of their own from McDonald's.
*Odds are based on Game Pieces (each has 2 Game Stamps); mostly food prizes.
^$1 million payable $50,000 per year for 20 years without interest.
McDonald's USA, LLC, is the leading foodservice provider in the United States serving a variety of wholesome food made from quality ingredients to more than 26 million customers every day. Nearly 90 percent of McDonald's 14,000 U.S. restaurants are independently owned and operated by local business men and women. Customers can now log online for free at any of the 11,000 participating Wi-Fi enabled McDonald's U.S. restaurants. For more information, visit www.mcdonalds.com, or follow us on Twitter (@McDonalds) and Facebook (Facebook.com/McDonalds) for updates on our business, promotions and products.
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company's world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its global customers with well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Company's Hasbro Studios develops and produces television programming for markets around the world. The Hub TV Network is part of a multi-platform joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), in the U.S. Through the company's deep commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world for future generations and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. It has been recognized for its efforts by being named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" and is ranked as one of Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens." Learn more at www.hasbro.com.© 2012 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved. HAS-LIC.
The following trademarks used herein are owned by McDonald's Corporation and its affiliates: Big Mac, Chicken McNuggets, Egg McMuffin, Filet-O-Fish, McCafe, McDonald's and the Golden Arches logo. © 2012 McDonald's
Redbox and the Redbox kiosk are registered trademarks of Redbox Automated Retail, LLC. All Rights Reserved. NHL and NHL Shield are registered trademarks and the NHL All-Star Game logo, NHL All-Star Skills competition name and logo and NHL Fan Fair name and logo are trademarks of the National Hockey League. EA and EA SPORTS are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. All rights reserved. Delta Vacations is managed, operated and marketed by MLT Vacations, a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines. All rights reserved. Beaches® Resorts – the Luxury Included® Vacation is a registered trademark of Sandals Resorts International. All rights reserved. FIAT is a registered trademark used under license by Chrysler Group LLC. All rights reserved.
For more information contact:
Rick Wion, McDonald's
630-623-2370 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Elizabeth Egerstrom, GolinHarris
312-729-4033 or email@example.com
SOURCE McDonald's USA, LLC